X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bellingham (WA) Highland Games June 1, 2, & 3: who's going?

Greetings one & all!

It's about that time of year (17 days & counting) when the Scottish Highland presence will be felt once again at the Bellingham Highland Games!
    New this year is that the Scottish American Athletic Association (SAAA) will be at the helm of the heavy athletics portion of the games, promising to offer up new elements that have not been offered at these games before. A recent local newspaper mentioned that these games will feature the Canadian-American SAAA Spring Championships as well.

I'm hoping to attend (as $$ & school allows), but was wondering if any of the rabble will be in attendance?
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be there, missed last year. Clan Lamont, Clan Muir and Lodge Alba tents - it will be good to see you again, stop by!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could, but I competed in Prescott last weekend, and I'll be competing in Albuquerque this weekend, and Costa Mesa next weekend, and I'm not sure that I could survive a fourth straight weekend of competition...That and the travel funds are getting a little short. I've heard good things about Washington State, but never been. Maybe next year.

Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhiker View Post
    I will be there, missed last year. Clan Lamont, Clan Muir and Lodge Alba tents - it will be good to see you again, stop by!!!
    It'd be good to see you again too George!
    *If* I can make it it'll probably be that Sunday (the 3rd). I'll let you know a couple days in advance on this thread how its looking.
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azwildcat96 View Post
    I wish I could, but I competed in Prescott last weekend, and I'll be competing in Albuquerque this weekend, and Costa Mesa next weekend, and I'm not sure that I could survive a fourth straight weekend of competition...That and the travel funds are getting a little short. I've heard good things about Washington State, but never been. Maybe next year.
    We'd be happy to have ya' compadre!