X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any news of Hamish?

I see that Hamish has not logged in for over six weeks, since 5 May. Has anyone any news of him?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not heard a whisper and I was starting to wonder too. Come on "Old Boy" what are you up to?
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still nothing.....do hope all is well.
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too!

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, my friends, for your concern over my well-being.

On the whole I am doing quite well but have slowed down terribly with the result that everyday chores and events that make up daily life now take me so long to work through! Sadly, this leaves me little waking time to spend at the PC and the forums. I 'Skype chat' with a particular friend a couple of times each week but, more often than not, that's the extent of my on-line action.

I am still living with the Prostate cancer which is being kept at bay with 12-weekly hormone implants, but the Bowel cancer is officially in remission following the chemo, radiotherapy and surgery - thank God! However, the operation I had to reverse the Ileostomy in connection
    with the latter, has left me with several difficult 'complications', some of which I may have to live with. Next Tuesday, I am undergoing further surgery to correct the major problem, but I will have to wait patiently a few months to see just how much of my lifestyle of 3 years ago can be resumed!

In the meantime, a couple of favourite kilts are worn on a daily basis (still own no t------s), but I seldom leave 'Bicknell Grange' and the gardens. Hopefully, all that will change in a few months. Additions to the Kilt Kollection have been the last thing on my mind, and will remain so for as long as it takes me to return to the weight I was 3½ years ago - my inability to exercise in any way during this time has played havoc with my poor old body but, as soon as I am able, I will start the work of 'restoration'.

Many thanks once again for your kind thoughts.

Take care,
    Ham.

[B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The very, very best of wishes, dear Ham. Attitude is a goodly part of the battle, isn't it?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the best, Ham! Thanks for the update. Stay strong, friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Ham, thanks for taking the time to update us. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
    Santa Wally
    Charter member of Clan Claus Society, Clan Wallace Society
    C.W. Howard Santa School Alumni
    International Brotherhood of Real Bearded Santas

The Northern Appalachian Highlands of Southern Ohio
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Godspeed on your recovery!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hamish, thank you for taking the time for an update. We who have had the distinct pleasure of meeting you, appreciate your words. Keep up the good fight - you will win.
    Take good care,
    -g-

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast