X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to admit that the first time I heard about it I thought of Nighthawk and his familly. I told myself he'd probably go at a late showing or the pre-show because of highland games or renfaire. And then seeing no posts coming up, I really got to worry. Soooo glad everybody is safe. Yes, a lot healing is needed now, but I think you'll get a lot of positive energy going your way. I've been sending some since a few days and will still send some more.

Take good care of yourself and of those you love.
    Eric

"Bones, Spock, Kirk - They were three different people from three different places. Especially Spock."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nighthawk, I'm so glad your daughter escaped unharmed. My thoughts go out to the families of those who were less fortunate.

TurboKittie is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another virtual hug for you, Travis.

Everyone else, please go out and donate blood if you're able and encourage others to do the same for everyone in need of emergency medical treatment this summer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is the first anniversary of the shootings on Utøya in Norway.

My thoughts are with all those suffering pain grief and loss and it's a great relief to know that those near and dear to our colleagues here are safe though having to deal with trauma which will indeed take time to heal.

For Norge og Colorado, vi skal huske dem.
    For Norway and Colorado, we shall remember them.
    [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="1"]Reverend Earl Trefor the Sublunary of Kesslington under Ox, Venerable Lord Trefor the Unhyphenated of Much Bottom, Sir Trefor the Corpulent of Leighton in the Bucket, Viscount Mcclef the Portable of Kirkby Overblow.

Cymru, Yr Alban, Iwerddon, Cernyw, Ynys Manau a Lydaw am byth! Yng Nghiltiau Ynghyd!
    (Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Cornwall, Isle of Man and Brittany forever - united in the Kilts!)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

guardsman is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lit Trog I tend to be flippant at such things , but your words were true and moving. We in Britain are not touched by this sort of thing since hostilities stopped with the I.R.A. You awaken sympathies with the families concerned. I take my hat off in salute. You have a warped sense of humour so to see such an earnest post is quite something

the desolate sandy wastes of Tucson, Sonora Desert, Baja Arizona, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nighthawk,

I'm so deeply thankful your daughter is OK, physically. Please do ensure she gets the help she needs to get through this; some mental wounds can be worse than more tangible ones.

As a member of a community that was deeply affected by a mass shooting 18 months ago, I've some small idea what the people of Aurora are going through.

I'm of a mind that we're facing an epidemic; not counting the incident in Aurora, 143 people have been murdered and 300 wounded in mass shootings in the United States just since the Tucson massacre.

Being moved is not enough if we are not moved to do something.

Lest I hijack this thread with my thoughts, you can read more at Another massacre: Prayers no longer enough if you're interested.
    - The Beertigger
    "The only one, since 1969."

Cowichan Valley 48 39' 1" N 123 34' 54" W
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My heart cries out to people at time goes at times like this.
    My thinking brain tell me there are no bad people, only bad actions. Then something like this happens...
    Love the ones close to you, because you dont know whats going to happen when they walk out of the door.

Craig

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robthehiker View Post
    Nighthawk, I'm so glad your daughter escaped unharmed. My thoughts go out to the families of those who were less fortunate.
    Yeah, Rob, same here. I've gotten a little bit better a handle on it. It's easier for me because... well... my little girl is still here.

Trog, you gonna be at the Highlands Ranch games? If so, let's get a drink.
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    ... Trog, you gonna be at the Highlands Ranch games? If so, let's get a drink...
    Oh dear!! That sounds like it's going to be a meet-up to remember!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English Bloke View Post
    Oh dear!! That sounds like it's going to be a meet-up to remember!
    With that guy, it always is! His sense of humor is even more warped than mine- and that's saying a lot.
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast