X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be a good night!!

If you're in the Dumfries area at the end of September and are able to get along. Might I suggest you give this a go.

It's a night of Scots poetry with Rab Wilson at the Tam O Shanter Pub in Dumfries on Saturday 29th September at 07:30.

I'm going, I'm staying at the Ferintosh Guest House and looking forward to it immensely.

Rab Wilson A taster. Honestly, you really don't wanna miss this.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit E B we will be almost going past the door, on the way South, on the 28th! We know of Rab, he is an absolute hoot------although an interpreter might be handy, for some! My dear wife spends quite a lot of time chatting to Rab, via email, on unrelated matters and we spend many a happy minute, or six, laughing at his turn of phrase.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a great admirer of his work Jock and have been for a few years, both the poetic and the campaigning for a better NHS. I also have a good ear for the myriad of British accents (probably a military thing) so I won't need an interpreter but I guess you're correct in that many Englandshire residents would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm endebted to John for introducing me to Rab Wilson in Dumfries this March. Wonderful writer. Go to this if you can.
    John
    Last edited by John_Carrick; 11th September 12 at 12:38 AM.

Cilted Traveler and Minstrel
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds great but unfortunately we wont be able to make it. Doh.
    Jock ... how far south are you heading .. Cotswold ish ? ... perhaps we could meet up somewhere if it was possible.
    Iechyd Da
    Derek
    A Proud Welsh Cilt Wearer

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    Sounds great but unfortunately we wont be able to make it. Doh.
    Jock ... how far south are you heading .. Cotswold ish ? ... perhaps we could meet up somewhere if it was possible.
    Iechyd Da
    Derek

Well yes and no! We will be "very Cotswold" on Saturday night and then we will off down to Dorset for two days partridge shooting and then we set sail to Normandy for a wedding, so meeting up is not going to be possible------this time. However we will be back down south for about six weeks in November and December and we will be very close to your part of Wales and parts of the Cotswolds for much of the time, so let us liaise nearer the time?
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Cilted Traveler and Minstrel
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jock ... We will definitely liaise nearer the time by pm. Will be great to meet up. Looking forward to it.
    Iechyd Da
    Derek
    A Proud Welsh Cilt Wearer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jock. It's a shame our dates and locations don't co-inside yet again. It would have been nice to meet up for a chat and a pint if you'd been able to stop by on your way through Never mind. There will be other times yet. Have a lovely time with the rest of your itinerary. Sounds like you'll be having a good time anyway. Pictures when you're back mibbees?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    slainte English Bloke!

it wull bae a grand evenin' tae bae sure!

Rab is terrific.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English Bloke View Post
    Jock. It's a shame our dates and locations don't co-inside yet again. It would have been nice to meet up for a chat and a pint if you'd been able to stop by on your way through Never mind. There will be other times yet. Have a lovely time with the rest of your itinerary. Sounds like you'll be having a good time anyway. Pictures when you're back mibbees?
    Pictures? Humm I doubt that many---any---- pictures will get through the assorted website rules, particularly as they seem to be even more inconsistantly interpreted these days, but we shall see.
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 12th September 12 at 03:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast