X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert Burns Dinner in Albany?

I can find on the web that there were at least two held last year, one at The University Club and another at the Celtic Hall. Years ago the little woman and I attended one at the Polish-American Club and sat with the Clan Campbell. I cannot for the life of me find one proposed for 2013. Do any of you fine folk know of any planned for the Albany area next January?

Thanks!

Frank
    Ne Obliviscaris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might just need to wait a bit longer for a local Burns night to be posted. There is a Celtic hall on Columbia Turnpike in Rensselaer that has held Burns suppers in the past. Perhaps you might want to contact them. (518-479-1029)
    [B][U]Jay[/U][/B]
    [B]Clan Rose[/B]-[SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Constant and True[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][I]"I cut a stout blackthorn to banish ghosts and goblins; In a brand new pair of brogues to ramble o'er the bogs and frighten all the dogs " - D. K. Gavan[/I][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emailed them earlier this week Jay, but have not heard back. I'll try calling today and see what I get. Thank you sir.

Frank
    Ne Obliviscaris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just registered for the Robert Burns Supper at the University Club in Albany. It should be great. Phil Bayly, a local news guy will be the MC, and is Scottish as well as a great entertainer. Last Robert Burns Supper I did with a tartan tie and a dark gray business suit. Now I have a USA Kilts kilt, a home made kilt belt and sporran belt, a tailored Harris Tweed kilt jacket by our own Victoria MacKenzie, and a bespoke vest from USA Kilts (that I might not be able to wear because it is a wee bit tight). I am very much looking forward to it.

Any other Capital District rabble going? Here's a link to the event: http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...u4u0szd2cb95e0

Frank
    Last edited by frank_a; 7th January 13 at 01:39 PM.
    Ne Obliviscaris