X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, enough already. My right hip is still bugging me. It's not a sharp pain or a throbbing sensation; I don't have tingling down my leg which would indicate disc and nerve issues. However, when I start to go into a stone power position my right glute is uncomfortable and feels momentarily weak. It's been just over a week now and I've had enough. Already. Okay?

Normally I would throw today but I'm giving my effing butt (more) rest. Thursday I'm going to throw, period. End of discussion. I need the reps and I need the therapy.

In the meantime, back at the gym I've had some good upper body sessions, front and back. Last night was bench, seated bench row, front pec deck, hammer curls supersetted with overhead press 5x5. Plus the usual start and finish on the elliptical and bike. I also did med ball shoulder mobility work and foam rolled the bejeezus out of the left shoulder and my right glute. My left shoulder is nearly pain free at this point and I attribute that to the rolling, confirming my suspicion that there was some old scar tissue in there that needed breaking up.

I need to relax and chill. It ain't that bad. However, I am looking at going into Woodland with the least amount of advance preparation and practice ever. A lot of that was weather related interruption but still...
    Last edited by Martin Roy; 12th April 16 at 02:11 PM.
    [FONT=comic sans ms]
    Marty