X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics Jake, and let's guess who has a measuring tape hanging off him. Gee, maybe Rocky?!? And Mac is the dude who made my new semi trad kilt. Great folks, and boy Jake, you're looking pretty spiffy man!

Frank
    Ne Obliviscaris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, meeting these two was definitely one of the greater highlights of my experience at the Celtic fest. The kilt was very comfortable on both days and the tartan received compliments throughout the day. I even ran into another fellow wearing one (and funnily enough, with a matching kilt pin to boot) and we complimented each other's kilts

And Frank, you are correct - Rocky is the gent in the full Pennsylvania tartan suit with the tape measure, and Mac is the fellow with the nice tri-skunk sporran. They are both a pleasure to talk with and I'll be happy to give them more business in the future. There are simply no flaws to be found.

Cheers,
    -Jake

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks fantastic, I can't wait till I can order mine.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.' Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics! That is indeed a handsome tartan. I like the overall colour scheme of it. I don't know if it's just the photo quality, but the outdoor photos really give it a nice effect. Seems like a very versatile tartan that can go with a wide range of other colours (if one cares about colour-coordination).

Hey, I noticed that there's a pretty big difference in sett size between your PV semi-trad and Rocky's kilt/waistcoat/jacket. Yet your kilt and Mac's kilt have the same sett size. Is this because yours is PV and Rocky's outfit is wool? I seem to recall that the PV tartans are typically woven in a smaller sett. Just wanted to get some verification, as that's a pretty significant difference in size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tobus! The photos were taken on my phone with a 'cloudy sky' color balance (one of the presets). I thought it looked truer to actual color than the auto-adjustment, but I do have mild color-blindness with reds and greens, so what looks right to me may not actually be correct. And once again, you display a keen eye for detail. I hadn't noticed the difference in sett size, but I do recall the coat felt different than my kilt, and I had wondered if it was wool because of that, but didn't think to ask. So, my answer would be 'probably yes' to it being wool, but I cannot verify. Maybe Rocky will chime in and give you a proper answer.

Cheers,
    -Jake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. Anyone else get the mental soundtrack of "[I]Also Sprack Zarathustra[I]" (from 2001) while looking at the pics of the package, the opening, the kilt, etc? Maybe it was just me. Forgive the atrocious German, not my language.

JMB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great look. Simple. Comfortable. Thanks for sharing,
    Money is flat and meant to be piled up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123