Hello,

I'm new to the forum, but been following it for a while now.
My major interest is world war two, and since some years i'm collecting ww2 military items in general.
Since i went to normandy last year, i found out there were major battles fought between the germans and scottish regiments. So since then i'm searching for items from the scottish regiments. Military kilts are not so often offered on the well know military dealers sites, but some months ago I found a Cameron of erracht kilt on the Collectors Guild website, which is one of the best know trustable dealers in this field of collecting.

My kilt weighs about 1,4kg (= appr. 50 Oz), construction looks good but i'm no expert.

Now here are my questions:
-I learned on this forum that the cameron kilt had box pleats, my kilt has knife pleats. So is this wrong or were there exceptions made? Maybe this kilt is not factory made but in the field or privatly? Also because i can not find any markings on it from a manufacturer or war department.
-Where kilts made under the license of the war department (wd code)?
-the tartan looks right to me, although it's faded and darker than pictures i've seen of it. So is this a real cameron of erracht tartan?
-Can this kilt also be from an other era than ww2?

below the text with that kilt from the Collectors guild and my pictures;

Thanks in advance for the advice/answers!!! And a great forum this is!

CAMERON OF ERRACHT TARTAN KILT.
A wool, flat pleated kilt with a 33" waist and is 26.5" long. Two leather tabs with corresponding double prong buckles are visible to the front. There are at least three vertical tears along the pleats to the front, as well as, two repaired pleats and a large matched repair below the waist. The black tape at the waist shows wear and tearing due to usage. The kilt has a handwritten number "2285" to the inside cotton waistband. There has been some discoloration to the pattern, which is typical of wear.

Here are some pictures of it: