X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 cup dry oatmeal: 311 calories
    1/3 cup raisins: 166 calories
    1 cup skim milk: 86 calories

Total: 563 calories

Your calorie counter is wack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFhearchair View Post
    1 cup dry oatmeal: 311 calories
    1/3 cup raisins: 166 calories
    1 cup skim milk: 86 calories

Total: 563 calories

Your calorie counter is wack.
    1/2 cup dry old fashioned oatmeal - 150 cal
    1/4 cup raisins - 130 cal
    1 cup skim milk - 90 cal

Total: 370 calories

Use measuring cups for consistency.

This is my daily starter.

I normally down a glass of orange juice (110 cal) or cherry juice (130 cal) with this so my total calories for the average breakfast runs from 480 to 500 calories.
    Kit

'As a trainer my objective is not make you a version of me. My objective is to make you better than me.' - Paul Sharp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OR ... walk briskly three miles a day. You will be astounded when everything starts feeling better!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Luminous Joan is not on board with this LOLOL.

Breakfast...the usual oatmeal, raisens and nonfat milk, all measured out. Which is somewhere between 400-800 calories, depending on which calorie counter you check in with. I may just give this calorie logging thing up, and just be good/paleo.

Lunch was a PB&J sandwich on Miltons bread with a mess of stuff in it.

Dinner was the Luminous Joans aunt and uncle over. I ate too much. This is a Big Deal in upper case letters for The Luminous, as we NEVER have people over. So she goes whole-hog on the cooking. That's enough information. Suffice it to say that there was sugar-free ice cream involved.

This morning, the usual breakfast. I will have approx. 1 cup of cooked steak for lunch, and that's it.

Sunday I drove out to Modesto and picked up a MAJOR score on weights. Some guy that I don't know who threw during the late 90's, had left his gear at his house post-divorce. Apparently it's been the better part of a decade and the Mrs. is sick of looking at the things. So Tim C's brother went out there and picked them up and stored them in his garage until I could get out there.....which was Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just spent an hour trying to enter foods into this damn counter. forget it. done with it. I don't know what the problem is, it wasn't this bad, last year.

Thinking about chucking the log on NASGA....tired of some of the attitude over there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That really sucks. What's going on over there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people improve dietary success with the concept of a "cheat day" - it helps in 2 major ways

1: it makes you more likely to stick with a diet long term 'cause you're not flat out denying yourself the foods you want and frustrating yourself 100% of the time. You have a cheat day to look forward to at the end of every week of good behavior; there's a light at the end of the tunnel

2: it helps to convince your body you're not starving and keep you out of "oh crap, we're going to die!" mode where your body is hoarding resources and working against you.

...and there are other benefits, too, like being able to engage in social eating every so often without feeling guilty or like you broke your diet, which is good for morale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What MacFhearchair said.

Simply dropping a couple of hundred calories a day over the long term is the best choice. Make sure you eat real food, tho. This will enable you keep your strength and lean body mass.

Take up kettlebells. They are great for stripping off the non-essential body weight. Pavel's "Enter The Kettlebell" is a good place to start.
    Kit

'As a trainer my objective is not make you a version of me. My objective is to make you better than me.' - Paul Sharp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm just going to eat like a sensible human being and try to cut out most of the carbs. That's fine.

As for NASGA, that log used to be a serious motivational tool. That was back when I needed a little kick in the pants to get going. I don't need that any more. It's fun to track what you're doing, but I do that here. so we'll see. Nothing much but some rowing machine and sprints and stadium steps are going to go in my log any time soon, anyway. And I ought to try some kettlebells, too, if for no other reason than they're so popular and I don't know anything about them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A week or two of strict paleo or primal will get you going better than counting everything.
    Money is flat and meant to be piled up.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast