X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind Christmas... I want one now! Very nice Steve. I love it.
    Mm.. I wonder if I have another Birthday coming up, I think 2012 dose have an extra Birthday for everyone, I am sure it dose. Did I stash some cash away someplace and have forgotten about it? I still believe in the Tooth Fairy but I need what is left. I wonder if I could sell some body parts...na used for to long and too hard. Mm. I Wonder about Visa? Could I get a part time job as Stagett Dancer? The mirror says an emphatic NO! ...
    I will think of a way. This looks like how a sporran should be.
    Great job Steve.
    Lang may your lum reek and a wee mouse never leaves your cupboard with a tear in its eye.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. I'm in. Black with strap.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Harold Cannon is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    Its just me, but I sure do prefer the belt loop type thingie on the back to slide the sporran strap through, rather than any connectors that seem to complicate things and be a pain....or at least include the belt loop option with the connectors as an option. And hoping for a matching color sporran strap option that is just a "belt" and a "buckle" without the clip thingies... Know may not be able to have that. Would be nice though.

Taking a seat in a pew in the Church of Patience....
    AMEN!!!! I hate those silly clips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will also be waiting patiently for this to appear on your website, that is the most practical and attractive sporran I've seen in a while. Can't wait to see a functional semi-dress sporran, that's at the top of my list as of now.
    Member of SAMS Post 75 Minutemen
    "The old packs come together,Ties that fear cannot sever,Endeavour in pride to stand, In the Wolf Land, forever" -Bona Na Croin

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    L&M really went out on a limb with my crazy idea. A traditional looking sporran that will actually carry stuff, and made domestically for a reasonable cost.

Yes, crazy indeed! You'd think that this would already have been done by somebody. That's one thing I've never really understood about the sporran market. No one seems to have come up with the combination you mentioned. Yours looks like a winner.

I could see myself wanting one just as Rex described. Plain, like a standard MoD sporran. I look forward to the closure system as well. One-handed operation is a must! There's nothing more annoying than trying to hold a newly-purchased beer in one hand while trying to fiddle with closing a complicated sporran with the other hand. And I'm not a fan of snaps either, since it generally requires smashing whatever is inside the sporran in order to snap shut. I often keep my pack of cigarettes in my sporran, and I like soft packs rather than boxes. If it happens t
    o be behind the flap of the sporran, it can crush or break my cigarettes when I push the snap closed. So a simple one-handed closure system that doesn't crush anything behind it is one of my requirements.

I've heard lots of stories about demagnitised credit cards, but haven't seen any bag-magnet proof yet -- and if America follows the rest of the world the chip will come in even for you in the desert, Ron.

I really hope not. There are many of us in America who dislike the idea of RFID chips being in our credit cards or identification cards. Not to derail the thread, but there are a number of security issues with those chips, and America has shied away from that idea for good reason. That said, however, magnet closures have been used for a long time on wallets and checkbooks, and I'm not aware of it being a major issue for the credit cards inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobus View Post
    ... That said, however, magnet closures have been used for a long time on wallets and checkbooks, and I'm not aware of it being a major issue for the credit cards inside.
    The Buzz Kidder sporran I wear regularly uses a magnetic closure and I've not had any issues with any of the cards I carry. I really like the magnetic closure compared to those on my other sporrans.
    Last edited by Scout; 1st November 12 at 06:35 AM.
    Mike Nugent
    Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve, you can tell Grant that this is going to SELL and put my name on the order list (at the TOP?) for a black carry all model with matching strap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice indeed, especially the pouch compartment. What I'm missing are compartments for a lighter and a pipe tamper.
    They should have a size that they can hold an Old Boy and a big Vauen tamper

salü jörg
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleater View Post
    Weeelll - once I was walking along the row of shops near us and passed a young couple, she was wearing a narrow strip of denim for a skirt and a couple of handkerchieves worth of fabric for a blouse and it was losing the fight to stay closed - I was almost out of earshot when he enquired 'why doesn't your skirt move like that?' Anne the Pleater

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I know what I want for Christmas...! Do hurry.
    The Rev. William B. Henry, Jr.
    "With Your Shield or On It!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice indeed, Steve. I will be watching for the pics of the production models as they arrive in the shop.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast