X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NHL Lockout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always been a real fan of the guys on the fourth line, the muckers and grinders. I was disappointed when I saw the Winter Classic canceled and Shawn Thornton of the Bruins had this to say, isn't it the truth: "“We’re all disappointed that it had to come to the Winter Classic being cancelled. I know that personally I just want to get back to work,” said Bruins enforcer Shawn Thornton, who was making a Saturday morning appearance at the Thomas Joyce Memorial Playground 5K in South Boston on Saturday morning. "But (Bettman) makes $8 million a year, doesn’t he? You expect he would have 250 grand kicking around in an ash tray somewhere to keep the Winter Classic alive." (source Comcast Sports Net)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the third lockout under Bettman. That's a joke. Besides, I can't blame the boys for wanting a better deal. They are making a fortune for the owners and the league, but compare their salaries to professional athletes of other sports. I don't expect the players to get all the money, but it's really very simple math. Players = games, games = money. No players = no games, no games = no money.

Honestly, 50% revenues paid to the players is reasonable; they only asked that the current contracts be honored as well (so if they get more than 50% for a few years, then so be it). Hmm, expecting a contract to be fulfilled and any new agreements to go into effect AFTER you've completed your CURRENT obligation? What a WILD idea!
    Death before Dishonor -- Nothing before Coffee

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12