X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Llama View Post
    I haven't stepped inside a Walmart in years, but if they had Harris tweed in my size at that price, I might. Even if the sleeves were stapled on.
    I basically feel the same about Walmart. However, tomorrow I may end up driving by a Super Walmart here at the beach. I may just have to stop in for an investigatory stroll through the store. If I should see anything interesting (a'la tweed) I will grab a (cell phone) photo and post here.

And, if (bit "if" here) they should have a Harris Tweed jacket that fits me - I might have to whip out the plastic money and take one home.

If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only thing that comes up on line is a book and a dog collar!

http://www.walmart.com/search/search...h_constraint=0

Winfield, MO (originally from NE Scotland)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grab it, take it home, study it more, take it back if you dont like... Dont see them hitting the midwest either...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt that any stores near here will carry them.
    The Official [BREN]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Kevin the reason for not sharing this great find is I haven't seen them. I'm sure Superstore 1833 doesn't have them unless they came in today. I've checked Walmart.com and see no listing. Looks a little upscale for Wally World. Are you pulling our leg, mate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Coluim View Post
    Well, Kevin the reason for not sharing this great find is I haven't seen them. I'm sure Superstore 1833 doesn't have them unless they came in today. I've checked Walmart.com and see no listing. Looks a little upscale for Wally World. Are you pulling our leg, mate?
    No leg pulling going on here. I walked into the Sterling store by Dulles Town Center for a little look-see over lunch. I did a double take when I walked by, turned and felt the fabric (the tag was turned face down) and thought it was nice, turned the tag over and there it was Harris Tweed. I turned the lapel and found the Harris Tweed Globe lable. I didn't try one on but they have normal jacket sizing. I'm not sure what kind of size range they had but there were at least 15 of each pattern. I may return tomorrow and try one on.
    Kevin Cernoch
    Kilted with a Czechered Ancestry.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New World Czech View Post
    No leg pulling going on here. I walked into the Sterling store by Dulles Town Center for a little look-see over lunch. I did a double take when I walked by, turned and felt the fabric (the tag was turned face down) and thought it was nice, turned the tag over and there it was Harris Tweed. I turned the lapel and found the Harris Tweed Globe lable. I didn't try one on but they have normal jacket sizing. I'm not sure what kind of size range they had but there were at least 15 of each pattern. I may return tomorrow and try one on.
    I'm leaving now to buy the lot of them. I'll send you the link to my eBay listing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beat you to it, Mr. Coluim, at least for one jacket.

There are three different patterns at the Sterling Walmart, a tan, a blue-grey, and the (to me, at least) traditional gray herringbone. I have no idea how they can be profitably priced at $74.94, but I didn't argue. For the price, it's a very nice coat and a great deal.

Holcombe

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if this is a result of Brian Haggas' "overstocking".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holcombe Thomas View Post
    Beat you to it, Mr. Coluim, at least for one jacket.

There are three different patterns at the Sterling Walmart, a tan, a blue-grey, and the (to me, at least) traditional gray herringbone. I have no idea how they can be profitably priced at $74.94, but I didn't argue. For the price, it's a very nice coat and a great deal.

Holcombe
    Good for you! I'm glad I was of service to my fellow NOVA kilties. Who knows, this may be a test market, if they sell out this may be an annual Fall/Winter offering for more stores.
    Kevin Cernoch
    Kilted with a Czechered Ancestry.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast