X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Florida to Tennessee linkup

I arrive in Orlando Dec 28 and will be in Florida until Jan 7 them go on a cruise from and back to Fort Lauderdale around Jan 14 then drive the Florida keys before heading north arriving around 20 Jan, in Nashville area. About Jan 23 fly from there to San Francisco fly back to Australia 27th January. Information is sought on any Scottish Country Dance group or similar activities during these times and am interested in meeting up with any X Markers en route. Have met other X Markers s on prior trips abroad with great success. Bill Sides Melbourne Australia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Billsides, we are having the central Florida Scottish highland games on the 19th and 20th of January. Thats about all I can come up for you. Enjoy your stay here. Keys are wonderful. Where are you going on your cruise?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Cecil for providing info which Google didn't find! It looks fantastic if squeezy time wise because we hoped to make Nashville around then to see a past exchange student from 17 years ago. We will see if we can re-arrange things.

We are in Orlando the week prior (including Hogmanay) to doing a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the 220,000 ton Oasis of the Seas leaving Ft Lauderdale January 5th 2013. I will be kilted at their formal dinners. We return Jan 12 and plan to tour the Keys before ending up in Nashville. Any info on normal SCD classes en-route is appreciated too as most SCD web sites seem out of date!
    Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bill, we are doing a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale in Febuary ourselves. Going on the MSC Poesia. I am trying to get together all my things together so I maybe kilted for the fromal nights myself. I am hoping it will not cause a problem since this is a Irish Music cruise. Its Andy Cooneys cruise of Irish stars. I am aware that things can be touchy between the Irish and the Scots because of Northern Ireland. Anyway let me know if you have any questions about Key West or if you will attend our games. Thanks
    Cecil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill, we may have a few guys heading over to Fiddler's Green in Winter Park during this time. If and when you're in Orlando, drop us a line. We'll see what we can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry Cecil, I have worn a Scottish kilt without issue in Southern Ireland or Eire, danced and even been to Mass in one there and I am not Roman Catholic! A few Irish bands are experimenting with them now so one may even be on your boat. Tartan free and green Irish tartans are cheap on eBay and from some USA makers, so why not grab one for fun and show it off.
    Bill