X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inexpensive Accesories

I saw a post earlier about inexpensive sporrans. Here is a link for the like. http://www.shetlandpiper.com/Highlan...ns_budget.html

Cheers,
    Allen

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a friend in our Pipe Band who is crafty with leather, he's made both of mine and does them for about $60 Aus. They are plain but very functional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inexpensive sporrans

As soon as I can get out of my house for a couple of hours, I'm heading to the leather store. I've decided to make the sporran I've always wanted. It will be fringed on the bottom and the flap like a buckskin jacket. I'm going to call it the Cataline Sporran, after Jean Caux, the best packer and one of the guys responsible for opening up the wilds of British Columbia. There are dozens of stories about Cataline. he was as tough as Jim Bowie or Daniel Boone and never failed to deliver a shipment.
    How tough was he? When dozens of miners, (These are hard men), were about to string up a judge because they didn't like his ruling, Cataline slammed his knife into the barrel that was a makeshift judge's bench and said, "I'ma standa bya de judge." (He always talked like that.) The miners backed down.
    I don't know if Cataline ever wore buckskin but I'm naming my sporran after him, anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's this for an inexpensive sporran?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=16226

I've got one of these myself (although I got mine from SportKilt), and it's served me well.
    I dig around eBay for "kilt stuff" quite a bit, and have gotten some great deals.

For what it's worth, lads! - Dakotan

Chris@southerncelt.com
    You can also get that same sporran from www.musicbrokers.com for the same price. It's the same folks that sell them on ebay, tho i do find that they ship quicker if you get them on ebay.