X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another very special offer - hand-knits this time!

I think some of you will be interested in this as the sweaters in particular look fantastic worn with a kilt, so thought I'd give you all the heads-up...

We've just put a whole lot of our wonderful authentic aran hand-knitted garments and accessories into our clearance section with big reductions. See: http://www.scotweb.co.uk/clearance

AND - get this - just because we love you guys we'll give you an EXTRA 10% discount if you ask for it by mentioning at the checkout you're an X-Marker. (Just check out, and it will be adjusted before charging.)

Remember, these aren't some machine-made copy. They're all lovingly knitted the old-fashioned way on needles in Scottish homes, with wonderfully robust wool that will last for many years. There's sweaters, cardigans, hats, gloves, children's garments and more. (And for once, the word 'lovingly' is appropriate, as most of our knitters do it mostly because they love knitting!) You just don't find woollens like this anywhere else nowadays.

The reason, by the way, is that we are rationalising our knitwear ranges into simpler collections. So we are clearing all the stock items in colours and style combinations that don't fit into the new product definitions. But the products themselves are all perfect, brand new, and utterly beautiful.

Buy now while stocks last!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, this is the 'look':
    http://www.scotweb.co.uk/products/be...ey-richardson/

Oh, and I really do mean 'buy now' if you want to snaffle one of these bargains. We'll be putting out a special newsletter with the opportunity shortly, so would expect many to go quite quickly...
    Last edited by Nick Fiddes; 18th February 13 at 07:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered my sweater and matching hose. Thanks Nick, for the heads up on the knit clearance deal. Beautiful items.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too, just ordered one of the Aran Moorfoot sweaters, in the Gritstone color.

Thank you, Nick!
    KEN CORMACK
    Clan Buchanan
    U.S. Coast Guard, Retired
    Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, USA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers guys. I'm sure you'll be delighted with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was fast! I just received the email indicating that my sweater has been dispatched. Well done, Scotweb!
    Last edited by unixken; 19th February 13 at 11:08 AM.
    KEN CORMACK
    Clan Buchanan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sweater was delivered today! I just opened it up to try it on, and I've never seen anything so nice! Attached to the sweater was a tag that said "Handknitted for you by", and signed "Mrs. Stupart, Dundee". The sweater is gorgeous!
    KEN CORMACK
    Clan Buchanan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! That was incredibly fast. I suspect mine wont be delivered for some weeks (a minimum of 56 days I believe the email said) as the hose were not in stock and would need to be custom knitted. I just hope it isn't too warm to wear the sweater by the time it arrives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you like it Ken. They really are pretty special, aren't they? "Like your granny knitted"! It's one of the frustrations of selling on the internet that you can't let people feel in advance. So there's a natural tendency to see a price and a picture that's vaguely similar to the chain store versions that wear through in months and think they'll be comparable.

So Marshall... trust me, it'll be worth the wait!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Fiddes View Post
    Glad you like it Ken. They really are pretty special, aren't they? "Like your granny knitted"! It's one of the frustrations of selling on the internet that you can't let people feel in advance. So there's a natural tendency to see a price and a picture that's vaguely similar to the chain store versions that wear through in months and think they'll be comparable.

So Marshall... trust me, it'll be worth the wait!
    Hello, Nick

I could toss superlatives at this sweater all morning long. It's that nice. I'm going to wear it to the office today.
    KEN CORMACK
    Clan Buchanan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast