X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding an Avatar

How do I add an Avatar to my posts? I only see my screen name but can't seem to attach an avatar. Thanks.
    The Official [BREN]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the right of this screen you should have a generic avatar (in the User CP box). Pause your mouse/cursor there and it should become clickable (with "edit avatar" popping up for me in Firefox). Click, and you're taken to a screen where you can load the desired pic.
    Proudly Duncan [maternal], MacDonald and MacDaniel [paternal].

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the extreme upper left corner of every page, within the dark blue navigation bar, is a tab titled "User CP". CP stands for Control Panel.

Click on that tab and you will open a new window entitled "Edit User Profile". Here you will find in the center, and on the left, areas where you may change, add, and edit all the information in both your private and public profile. This is where you can list your kilts, tell others about your interests and list your location.

It is here that you may also edit your signature block, update your email address, and add, or change the pic used for your avatar and the pic used in your public profile.

On the left side you should see a series of boxes. The third box down should have the title "My Settings" and under that a subheading "Edit Avatar".

Clicking on Edit Avatar should open a center window where you may upload an avatar pic from the web or from your computer. Enter the full URL address of the photo you wish to use as your avatar and then click "save changes" near the bottom.

Refresh your current page and your new Avatar should now show to the left of your username.

BTW there is only one thing that a member cannot change themselves and that is your username. Anyone wishing to change their username may simply contact me via email and I will be happy to make the change for them.

p.s. If any member sees the message under their username, "Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address", here in the edit profile section, is where that is done.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent. Thank you.
    The Official [BREN]