X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb website Burnetts and Struth website Kilt Society website
The Scottish Trading Company Xmarks advertising information MacGregor and MacDuff Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website

User Tag List

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished The Art of the Infinite: The Pleasures of Mathematics by Robert and Ellen Kaplan. It's a very entertaining book if you are into mathematics. The comments and asides make for a very clever writing style and not what you might expect. The two professors are very good writers aside from the math, and you don't have to be a mathematician to appreciate the book.

But then, my wife says I'm a nerd for reading such things, so there is my disclaimer.

I also recently read The Last Passenger by Manel Loureiro. It's OK for putting yourself to sleep at night, but it's really pretty weak over all. I do not recommend it. But since I got it cheap on the Kindle, I'm good.
    Jim Killman
    Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)
    Freedom is not free, but the US Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to thescot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently reading Y-Size Your Businessby Jason Ryan Dorsey. A good read if you want to better understand Millennials. If you manage in a multi-generational workplace, then I suggest that you should get to know this generation better. "Boomer" assumptions don't work with these folks, at all. Dorsey is on the speaker circuit, as well. Very entertaining and informative.
    St. Andrew's Society of Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thescot View Post
    The Return of George Washington: Uniting the States, 1783-1789 by Edward Larson is a very good, well-reearched book as well if you haven't read it. It mostly focuses on the period between Washington's resignation as Commander in Chief and his being drafted as president.
    This sounds good! I've got another GW bio to go: "George Washington: A Life" by Ron Chernow. This one seems more exhaustive, but if it doesn't flesh out the in-between years better than the other two, I may get your suggestion. (I may still get it!) Thanks!
    Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre
    "The honour the Sleat carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants." Duncan Ban MacIntyre

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071