X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOB Rule of Thumb: When you leave the weight out in front of the bar, it's because you are not looking at the bar when you release.
    Kit

'As a trainer my objective is not make you a version of me. My objective is to make you better than me.' - Paul Sharp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Ventura was a great weekend. I had a great time with Martin Roy and the G Man, and the usual suspects were out in force in the 50's and 60's class. I helped out with the lasses and the novices on Sunday and had a blast. It's been a year since I've seen GGGP and we caught up on hugs, gossip and beer. John McClure's barbecue was EPIC.

That said, on the field, Ventura was disappointing. My weight throws continue to be erratic. I think I need to throw less and drill more. This was my worst performance in hammers in four years. WOB, I missed at 13, the usual thing up and down onto the bar. Hmmm. Lots of mojo in the throw, bad trajectory.

On the other hand I probably would have cleared 26 in sheaf, just that bar went from 24 -> 27 because there were four of us still in. Poop!!! Ah well, that's what happens on Game Day, no worries. I blasted it over 24 feet by a mile. I did get a 27' 10" PR in Braemar stone, so that's very much to the good. I've really started focusing on keeping my elbow up, and ramming that rock into my jaw HARD. Kudos to Adriane Wilson for getting me to do this.

So, now we are in the Between Season...or what I call the "Between Season". In addition to some extended recovery, hopefully some weight loss, and attitude improvement (because mine is in the absolute pits right now) I will be making some decisions about things like whether or not to continue an online log. This particular forum seems to have mostly run its course. It's very peripheral to the focus of the site, and I'm not sure that I need the motivation factor any more (Hey, Alan hasn't updated his log, he must be slacking off!) ... I'll be thinking over whether to continue it.

And with that, the 2013 In Season Log is a Wrap.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920