X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inexpensive Kilts question (Where to find)

I've got my lovely Freedom Kilts kilt, but alas cannot afford another one of those beauties.. One day for sure but not yet.

Stillwater looks like an okay option but wondering if there is anything else as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you've had something made to measure, you won't want to go back. Check out the various options at http://www.usakilts.com/.

Not "cheap" in terms of workmanship, but not terribly expensive either.
    Last edited by Dale Seago; 6th March 13 at 08:12 PM.
    "It's all the same to me, war or peace,
    I'm killed in the war or hung during peace."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Inexpensive" is so, so relative!

For $109 Celtic Croft has a wool/poly blend economy kilt, your measurements. See http://www.kilts-n-stuff.com/kilts/economy-kilts/

$119 get's you a USAKilts PV casual. If you are smaller, you might knock $10 off for hips smaller than 40"

Stillwater moves into the acrylic world. SWK seems to be the a good acrylic. I don't have one, but if you check out the SWK forum you'll find reviews.

Buyakilt has PV kilts for $60-$70. You pick waist, length is 24" for everything.

All are XMarks advertisers, so good shape there.
    http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f...play.php?f=294

Clan Mackintosh North America / Clan Chattan Association
    Cormack, McIntosh, Gow, Finlayson, Farquar, Waters, Swanson, Ross, Oag, Gilbert, Munro, Turnbough,
    McElroy, McCoy, Mackay, Henderson, Ivester, Castles, Copeland, MacQueen, McCumber, Matheson, Burns,
    Wilson, Campbell, Bartlett, Munro - a few of the ancestral names, mainly from the North-east of Scotland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool thank you, Yes cheap is relative my Freedom kilt was 450.00 (And so worth it) so 150.00 would be what I would call reasonable I think.

I just want more not pants to wear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by California Highlander View Post
    "Inexpensive" is so, so relative!

For $109 Celtic Croft has a wool/poly blend economy kilt, your measurements. See http://www.kilts-n-stuff.com/kilts/economy-kilts/
    And I see they also have a made-to-measure wool economy kilt for $150. Both look like excellent deals to me!
    "It's all the same to me, war or peace,
    I'm killed in the war or hung during peace."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a Stillwater acryllic so I will weigh in here. It is light weight. Very light weight. I love the company but if I ever order another Stillwater it will be a wool kilt.

I have a P/V USAK on the way now. After really shopping around and reading a lot of reviews, I pulled he trigger.

Scotweb, USA Kilts, Stillwater, Buy A Kilt, Celtic Croft...all have good stuff. What do YOU want (aside from low price/high quality)?

I'm in Southern California so lighter and medium weight textiles are practical for my climate.

I haven't worn a tank yet but eight yards of anything would be hot here.
    The Official [BREN]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you are on a budget: stillwater still has a black watch wool economy kilt for $90. usak casuals are a very good bargain. usak also has a 5 yard $250 sale on select irish tartans until st patrick's day. with patience and luck, good used bargains can be found in the for sale section and on ebay (though i recommend asking questions of ebay sellers before bidding).
    LitTrog: Bah. You guys with your "knowledge" and "talents." Always taking the legs out from under my ignorant nincompoopery.

kiltedwolfman
    Depending on where your budget is sitting we do have a good line of "off the rack" kilts and some consignment stuff; swing on by and have a look you just might luck out and find something in your comfort zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiltedwolfman View Post
    Depending on where your budget is sitting we do have a good line of "off the rack" kilts and some consignment stuff; swing on by and have a look you just might luck out and find something in your comfort zone.
    I do love your shop I'll pop by when I can : )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if you're looking for quantity, check out the XKilt instructions and make yourself a few knock-arounds!
    Proudly Duncan [maternal], MacDonald and MacDaniel [paternal].

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast