X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Albuquerque Black Watch

Tomorrow at 3pm I'll be at popejoy to see The Black watch.
    Anyone else?
    Si Deus, quis contra? Spence and Brown on my mother's side, Johnston from my father, proud member of Clan MacDuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gordon: Have a great time! I wish we could go, but as I wrote on another post, we are going to see Belisama on Friday night.

We ate at the Pajarito Pub in Los Alamos tonight. I spoke with my son and his wife about meeting you sometime in Santa Fe, perhaps at the 2nd Street brewery. He's all for it, in part because he can get a small (5.5 gal.) keg filled there for his kegerator.

John
    I changed my signature. The old one was too ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still unable to commit to Belisima because of possible family obligations (heck, even the Black Watch is iffy based on the snow in Taos today). But...at 20 bucks a ticket it seems like a no brainer.
    It appears as if the event is open seating. Am I correct?
    Also another bummer, I seem to be getting allergic to beer and wine! Even the non adulterated German beer and French wines are giving me asthma. Luckily scotch is distilled rather than fermented and I seem to be OK there, but I plan extensive testing to make certain.
    Maggie and I are looking forward to meeting you folks!

See you soon.
    Si Deus, quis contra? Spence and Brown on my mother's side, Johnston from my father, proud member of Clan MacDuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gordon: I understand about Belisama. Other obligations prohibit us from seeing the Black Watch, as much as we would like to do so. I don't believe the Belisama seating is open. We have reserved, seat-specific tickets for the show, but I think there a available seats. The Lensic theater web pages provides all those details should you need them.

We don't have to do a beer/wine garden/restaurant, if you prefer something else. I don't know if the 2nd Street Brewery serves distilled spirits, but we can always check. Also, I'm not familiar with pubs/restaurants with good malt selections in Santa Fe, so you'll have to suggest a good place for us.

The Pajarito Pub has 30 taps and about a dozen malts, though I have never partaken of their scotch. Typically, I don't drink a lot of scotch at restaurants, because in my experience it is about 5 times as expensive as buying a bottle and drinking it at home. Also, the drive back from a restaurant is a lot longer.

Anyway, let's keep at it. We'll connect sooner or later.

John
    I changed my signature. The old one was too ridiculous.