X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Kilted night

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Kilted night

I'd like to follow the example of Bear and others who have started a kilted night, and get one started in our area.
    I guess I can find four or five interested guys to begin with.

I'm looking for ideas on how to organise it.

Do you advertise?
    Do you take a name for the group?
    Do you have live music? (or make your own)?
    What is your format?
    Do you have particular discussions about kilting, or is it just an informal get together?

Any advice appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am actually going to a local pub today called the Madra Rua to see if they are interested in having a Kilt Night. I will let you know how it fares...
    Beannacht Dé,
    Hank
    "...it's the ocean following in our veins, cause its the salt thats in our tears..."

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Hank, I shall be keen to know how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

our KIlt night in Bozeman

Well our thing is we usualy meet at someones home. and then from there we all go for dinner somplace. Then we start at one oen or other of our main drag, and bar-hop. genoraly ending at a place here called the rocking R bar. they have Guinniss on tap and a lively croud. There thursday night is Carioki. Thats allwase a hoot. other than that it's informal other than all the men with us must be in some sort of "MUG". 8)
    Any way the point is to get a few lads in kilts out and have a good time. Maby sugest to some of your nonkilt wearing friends to join you and lend them a kilt. And if the dont like the experiance then at least they will have tried. and they wont be out allone there first time in a kilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: A Kilted night

Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    I'd like to follow the example of Bear and others who have started a kilted night, and get one started in our area.
    I guess I can find four or five interested guys to begin with.

I'm looking for ideas on how to organise it.

Do you advertise?
    Do you take a name for the group?
    Do you have live music? (or make your own)?
    What is your format?
    Do you have particular discussions about kilting, or is it just an informal get together?

Any advice appreciated
    1.Yes advertise. We in Vancouver are trying to get the pub, where we hold our kilts night, to take more of an interest, and advertise for us. Graham, you have the perfect forum......your own Celtic radio show.
    2. Yes make a name for your group. Ours is Men in Kilts.......feel free to use it as it is universal
    3. Live music........a must. One of the best things about kiltsnight, is the bands that play in the pub. We have a resident piper that always does a few numbers, and a live Celtic band. Our pub is an Atlanic Canadaian stlye, with lots of Celtic influence. There are always patrons playing the spoons, or a bodhran, etc.
    4. Format? Maybe Bear can be of more on this question. I would only suggest getting a sponsor (beer company, radio station(?), etc..)
    5 No, we don't have any formal kilt discussions. We have men in Bear Kilts, Utilikilts, Tradional wool kilts, homemade kilts, and sometimes even men in kilted skirts (it wasn't his fault, really, he thought it was a man's kilt). No formalities at our nights. You don't even have to be kilted, but you will be sooner or later. Just have fun.

Good luck Graham and any of you that may be looking to set up a kilts night. Again, the people to talk to about this may be Bear, and Vince Hemingson the organizor of our kilts night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilts Nights

I posted this in another thread but it fits here, too.

Colin gave me this idea:
    I'm going to make a page on my site that lists all the Kilts Nights I am informed of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW !

WOW !You guys in B.C. realy go all out for your Kilt night. Realy sounds like a blast. Youv'e got me head spining with ideas for our next kilt night.

WELL KEEP ON KILTING! HAZAH!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Kilts Nights

Quote Originally Posted by bear@bearkilts.com
    I posted this in another thread but it fits here, too.

Colin gave me this idea:
    I'm going to make a page on my site that lists all the Kilts Nights I am informed of.
    COOL BEAR I'll let u know when ours will be again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some great ideas Colin and Lance, thanks!

We have one "Irish" pub in our town (with Genius on tap) but they rarely have any live music that is remotely celtic.

Lend-a-kilt is a good idea, now I am proud owner of three I can do that.
    Yes Colin, I would definately use the radio, we have a 'news section' each week and promote any celtic events in our state as well as news of bands and albums around the world.

I like "Men in Kilts", yes I might steal that

I'm getting all excited about the idea, thanks for your support!

Mr. Kilt is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see a "kilt night" type event in Calgary, but I've never run into any other kilt wearers here. Hard to believe that I'm the only one in a city of 1 million.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast