X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Kilted night

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al, I'm sure they are there, do you have any celtic/Highland events that bring them out of the woodwork?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kilt nights

Hi chaps,
    Bear, a question, will this kilt night list include UK nights. Personally I think it sounds like a good idea and I'll give some thought to organising one around Derby area.
    Just as an aside on converts 2 mates who laughed loudest when I appeared in me kilt have now got orders in for their 1st.
    Not bad for someone less than 2 months in. Don't want 'em to be too commonplace tho' as I'm starting to like the attention I get when out.
    cheers Rhino

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: kilt nights

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
    Hi chaps,
    Bear, a question, will this kilt night list include UK nights. Personally I think it sounds like a good idea and I'll give some thought to organising one around Derby area.
    Just as an aside on converts 2 mates who laughed loudest when I appeared in me kilt have now got orders in for their 1st.
    Not bad for someone less than 2 months in. Don't want 'em to be too commonplace tho' as I'm starting to like the attention I get when out.
    cheers Rhino
    Hi Rhino

If you arrange something, I would be prepared to travel. Derby is about 4hrs drive away. Keep us posted.

Al'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

knights in white worsted wool

Hi Al, no worries I honestly don't know what I had in mind it just seemed a good idea. If anything comes of it I'll let you know. I was talking to the 2 mates who've converted as it were the other day, and one of them said they'd be wearing it to Pentrich rock and blues custom bike show, now that would be an excellent venue for a weekend gathering. But i've yet to speak to another mate regarding perhaps a stall or something showing his kilts to 3000 bikers. Basically I'm trying to get in free 'cos it costs about £20. When you say 4 hours I assume you mean there and back, if so there are loads of B+B's round here and we're in a lovely part of Peak, (where they filmed Peak Practice), you could make a short break of it.
    Cheers Rhino

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12