X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from another new guy.

Hello to all! I have just started with the whole forum chat thing and it all looks like a great way to keep in touch with everyone. I am from vancouver and am friends with "Bear" and "Colin". I manage to make it out to every Kilt Night that I am in town for and I would be willing to go to any Kilt Night in the town that happen to be in. I am a Kilt Night Regular in Vancouver as of four or five months ago and I plan to help make it a big event here.
    I look forward to chatting to you all. Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hello from another new guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Hello to all! I have just started with the whole forum chat thing and it all looks like a great way to keep in touch with everyone. I am from vancouver and am friends with "Bear" and "Colin". I manage to make it out to every Kilt Night that I am in town for and I would be willing to go to any Kilt Night in the town that happen to be in. I am a Kilt Night Regular in Vancouver as of four or five months ago and I plan to help make it a big event here.
    I look forward to chatting to you all. Andrew
    For those of you that want to see Andrew in his Bear kilt, check out his page on the Bear Kilts site.
    http://bearkilts.com/coppingpg.html
    It's a bit unusual to see Andrew in a kilt not spinning at cars full of hooting girls, so see it while you can!
    (I can say that because he's not standing beside me. You'll know what I mean when you see the pics!)

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andrew, welcome to the board glad to have you here. There must be more kilt wearers in BC than there are in Scotland!

Your kilt looks good on you Andrew, you wear it well, but it looks like you wear yours a little higher than the hips, more around the natural waist, am I right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Andrew

I'm not gonna argue with the big guy. ANYONE who is 6 foot 7" looks great in a kilt.

I keep threatening to trace my cousin in Victoria. One day I'll be with you on one of those Vancouver kilt nights.

Al'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andrew,

Welcome to the board. Bear made you a
    great looking kilt! I have been looking
    at some of the other photos of kilts he
    has made but your kilt has sold me.
    The next kilt I’ll buy will be one on of his.

Nelson
    Nelson
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives"
    Braveheart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiltedmusiclover
    Andrew,

Nelson
    I was with Andrew and Bear when the kilt changed hands. I've got 2 Bear kilts, and can't say enough about them, but this 8 yard Royal Stewart has me sold. What an awesome looking kilt, and the weight must be fairly comparable to a wool kilt.

Welcome aboard Andrew........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    Andrew, welcome to the board glad to have you here. There must be more kilt wearers in BC than there are in Scotland!

Your kilt looks good on you Andrew, you wear it well, but it looks like you wear yours a little higher than the hips, more around the natural waist, am I right?
    Thanks alot for the compliment on the Kilt. I do have the kilt a little high on the hips in this shot but it usually sits a little lower. The cut of the kilt also makes the front band just a bit higer than the rear. That makes the little beer gut hide from public view. I am very happy with this kilt. The pictures are OK but you have to see this kilt in real life to see how nice it is made. You can see in the picture how the tartan in the pleating matches perfectly, but you have to see it all move while you walk to really be impressed!
    Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiltedmusiclover
    Andrew,

Nelson
    Again thanks for the welcome and the compliments. I am glad that Bear was able to put up my picture for everyone. I could have made a better picture by heading out and getting a nice back drop, but I wanted to send it of to Bear and let him know how much I loved the Kilt. I can't say enough good things about this kilt. I have a 4 yard which is a great kilt as well, but the 8 yard is in a whole differant catagory than that. I highly recommend getting an 8 yard Bear Kilt. Besides from it being a beautiful kilt the other nice thing about it is that when it comes time to wash it you just throw it in the washing machine and then the dryer. How easy and cheap is that! A Scotsmans dream come true!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Aboard, Andrew!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. The more, the merrier.