X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer View Post
    What do you all think of the new logo and colour scheme?
    I've been a fan of your work for a long time, but I've always felt that you could use an updated logo. As a typeface, Papyrus is so overused in graphic design these days that it means nothing, even if it fits your concept. As a graphic artist I know that I'm overly critical about stuff like this and many people wouldn't know Papyrus from Futura, but it's what I see.

That said, the color scheme is perfect and really highlights the photos. The photos, of course, are the best part of the site. You've always had nicely done photography, but to see them all together makes me want to fling my wallet at you. It's really quite the sight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A great showcase for your work and a vast improvement over scrolling down through your Facebook page. Bravo.
    " Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." - Mae West -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one Scott, your good lady deserves a massive treat for all her hard work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome!! The wait is over!

Good looking site
    The Official [BREN]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good one Scott and strange there is a thread about it today. I was swanning on the internet yesterday and saw your name and new web address in another place, clicked on it and found the new site, then came over to this site and found the link. Looks like it is going to be a ripper web presence once you get it fully stocked, so as to speak. One thing I can already compliment you on, is the quality of the photos compared to other sites, yours are impeccable. Well done to you and your webmistress/wife on the presentation so far. All the best mate
    Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. Harry (Breaker) Harbord Morant - Bushveldt Carbineers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks great and I've already book marked it.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.' Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott,
    The web-site is very beautifully put together, but then we'd expect nothing less from someone as talented as you. I caught your posting of dates available, and I am pleased I got in as early as I did. I can't wait to make everyone else jealous.
    Scotland is only 1/5 the size of Montana, but Scotland has over 3,000 castles and Montana has none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A website as high in quality as the merchandise shown. And I must say that the first sporran in the bottom row of fur sporrans is particularly attractive...........................OH YEAH! that one is mine!
    Gentleman of Substance

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again, gang!

I did consider changing the font, but frankly no alternative presented itself that was as good a fit. All of the rest of the typography got a new font though, with only the main name retaining the offending Papyrus

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder Kilt View Post
    Good one Scott and strange there is a thread about it today. I was swanning on the internet yesterday and saw your name and new web address in another place, clicked on it and found the new site, then came over to this site and found the link. Looks like it is going to be a ripper web presence once you get it fully stocked, so as to speak. One thing I can already compliment you on, is the quality of the photos compared to other sites, yours are impeccable. Well done to you and your webmistress/wife on the presentation so far. All the best mate
    I really went back and forth on the full sized, relatively unwatermarked images. In the end I figured if someone wants to rip me off or steal my images they're going to do so no matter what I do (less said the better).
    I wouldn't buy something from grainy, low-res images, especially if I'm committing a fair amount of cash and a few months to get it, so it only seemed like the right thing to do.

ith:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely amazing! I had no idea sporrans came in so many different styles.
    It makes mine look very boring!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast