X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At LOOOONG Last, my website is live!

http://customsporrans.net/

Months of being prodded by my beautiful and talented web engineer (also known as my long-suffering and immensely patient wife ) to collect and resize images,
    update my graphics, etc have finally paid off.

There is still much to be added in terms of features and pages, but the basics are all there.

Nothing has changed in terms of ordering or production, there is no 'shopping cart' nor any stock sporrans for sale,
    but now all my work will be able to be found in one place (at least once all of the pictures are uploaded).

ith:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to you and your bonnie wife, Scott! Well done, my friend. The new website looks absolutely amazing and is easy to navigate. Quite the sporran portfolio to be extremely proud of!

Best wishes with all of your future endeavours and commissions,
    Last edited by creagdhubh; 18th March 13 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks sharp!! It's especially nice to be able to view all your custom work in one spot. And thanks for also including contact info along with basic pricing information.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done! Glad you're live that way too... and I haven't totally forgotten that other idea we discussed; it's just temporarily dormant!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome , Great site - are you going to put the Price's on there ?
    TX
    Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks gang, like I said, there are a lot more features and pictures that need to be either written or uploaded, but at least the skeleton is up.

What do you all think of the new logo and colour scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    Well done! Glad you're live that way too... and I haven't totally forgotten that other idea we discussed; it's just temporarily dormant!
    Well, it is winter, a perfect time for being dormant

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas H View Post
    Awesome , Great site - are you going to put the Price's on there ?
    TX

Thanks!

There is a rough guide to pricing in the Ordering Info/FAQ section, but there are several main reasons I don't have specific prices on the images themselves.
    a) not every option included on a given sporran is actually SHOWN in the image, internal storage pockets, etc, can skew pricing making for a "why is that one X dollars and this one fifty dollars more?" situation.
    b) market costs for fur/exotic skins can be somewhat volatile, I'd rather not have prices on some images and not on others.

In the end, I'd rather use these images as inspiration for what a client truly wants and not boil things down to "I'll take #3 in brown" style of shopping cart purchase.

ith:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your wife did a wonderful job on your website. The pictures are spectacular! It's well organized and easy to navigate, too. Of course, I immediately bookmarked it.

Thank Goodness there isn't a "Buy now" button or "shopping cart". I'd be in real trouble with my beautiful and talented budget accountant.
    I changed my signature. The old one was too ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer View Post
    What do you all think of the new logo and colour scheme?

ith:
    The color scheme is very pleasing to the eye. The only thing I noticed is the lettering on your left side buttons appears very light or faded against the background color. That could be my computer or a Chrome issue possibly? The logo is perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice site.
    Now I can ogle the creations at work too instead of being Websensed on facebook at work.

Daft Wullie, ye do hae the brains o’ a beetle, an’ I’ll fight any scunner who says different!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast