X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rob

I have several dress sporrans that you are more than welcome to borrow to use for the wedding. 10 bucks shipping is a lot cheaper than buying a new one of good quality, especially if you are already springing for a new kilt and likely a chunk of the wedding too as the father of the bride. As long as it is after noon or evening event, and you are wearing your PC I would go for the dress sporran over the semi dress.
    I have a simple black leather hunting style with a chrome cantle, as well as several other chrome or chrome/enamel cantle fur dress sporrans I would be happy to send out on loan (it's not the first time for me doing it). PM me if interested and I can send some photos next weekend when I get home from a trip I am on right now.
    Regarding the belt, one thing I have done on occasion was to wear a plain black belt with a dress coat but slid the buckle off to one side so that shiny bit does not poke out from under my waistcoat bottom, althought a little of the leather may show depending on you coat fit and level of activity. I used to do this when I was a bit heavier and needed to wear the belt to hold my sporran hangers I was using instead of a chain because of my ale-gut.

Jeff

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I too late? Here's a nice black evening dress sporran for well under $100

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Scotti...item4854132213

This seller is very honest with what he sells, and he knows his stuff. He says that this sporran though unmarked is obviously Scottish-made and I myself would accept him at his word.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12