X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its very cool. I have a passing interest in the great kilt but I don't know when I would ever wear it.

Those guys in the pictures were pretty medieval looking! Remind me of Gandalf!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at the Great Kilt once. Decided it's nice for reenacting and costumes but I sure wouldn't have any place to wear one. Besides, I live in an apartment and the parking lot is the only place big enough to get it on. Imagine explaining to the police that you got run over trying to get dressed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Before the days of velcro

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish
    I had one of these, thinking it would be fun for parties, etc., but I never got to wear it (never get invited to parties, that's the trouble!!). They really are suitable only for re-enactment society wear and are not right for popping down to Tescos on Thursday afternoons!

Instead of letting it moulder away in a cupboard, I cut it in half and had a modern 8 yard kilt made up from it. At least I get to wear it now!
    If I had a party, Ham, you would be guest of honour! (Crikes, I'm at it again!).

Al'

Chris@southerncelt.com
    I own one great kilt, and no, I don't really have any use for it other than renaissance faires. I dummy-stitched mine, just like the ones I offer on my website. Easy to get on, tho I haven't worn it in two years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Before the days of velcro

Quote Originally Posted by al'
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish
    I had one of these, thinking it would be fun for parties, etc., but I never got to wear it (never get invited to parties, that's the trouble!!). They really are suitable only for re-enactment society wear and are not right for popping down to Tescos on Thursday afternoons!

Instead of letting it moulder away in a cupboard, I cut it in half and had a modern 8 yard kilt made up from it. At least I get to wear it now!
    If I had a party, Ham, you would be guest of honour! (Crikes, I'm at it again!).

Al'
    Al, are you the president of Ham's fan club or what?! :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12