X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clan Colquhoun - now one big happy family!

I guess I've been out of the loop lately, because it came as a surprise to me that they have officially dissolved the Clan Colquhoun Society of North America as well as Clan Colquhoun UK.

But they have now formed the Clan Colquhoun International Society, a single organisation for all matters Colquhoun. I think this is a great step forward in merging us all together as a group, like a proper clan should be. Kudos to our Chief, Sir Malcolm, for his vision to "rebuild" and revamp the clan all across the globe.

The website looks like it has a lot of promise. http://www.clancolquhoun.com

2. The Following 11 Users say 'Aye' to Tobus For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AYE!!!

Nile
    Simon Fraser fought as MacShimidh, a Highland chief… wrapped and belted in a plaid over the top of his linen shirt, like his ordinary kinsmen. He put a bonnet on his head, and stuck the Fraser emblem, a sprig of yew, in it. With the battle cry, A'Chaisteal Dhunaidh and the scream of the pipes, they charged to battle. "The Last Highlander" Sara Fraser

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to the expansion of the new Clan Colquhoun International Society, there is still the organization and site, http://www.clancolquhounsociety.co.uk/home.html and the Org Facebook site, https://www.facebook.com/ClanColquhounSociety

We look forward to a central location for Clan Chief Colquhoun to keep members of the Clan informed and abreast of issues and updates. And two updates, the Loch Lomond Arms Hotel, in Luss, has been reopened with a wonderful restoration and update, and the Clan Colquhoun Heritage & Visitor Centre in Luss is closed until further notice.

Yes, Tobus, you have been out of the loop, where have you been Sir.... ?

Hawk
    Shawnee / Anishinabe and Clan Colquhoun

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done! It makes much more sense to have a clan society/organisation organised in such a manner, especially for those clans out there who are small in number. Wonderful images (paintings) on the Clan Colquhoun website by the way!
    Last edited by creagdhubh; 4th September 13 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely agree, Kyle. Clan Shaw is so small and with so little activity that I just can't stay in the loop. Default to maternal clan, Robertson (unorthodox but not too bad).

I think that Cnan Colquhoun's example should be followed by some of the other clans.
    The Official [BREN]

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to TheOfficialBren For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did much the same for the Cunninghams when we formed Clan Cunningham International in 2009. At present there are competing claims to be Head of Family (the lowland equivalent of a Clan Chief) before the Lord Lyon but we have stated that we will support whoever is successful.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Yes, Tobus, you have been out of the loop, where have you been Sir.... ?

Hawk
    Unfortunately, Clan Colquhoun is virtually nonexistent down here in my part of Texas. The only news I get is the occasional email update, which is where I got this information just this morning (in their last newsletter).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobus View Post
    Unfortunately, Clan Colquhoun is virtually nonexistent down here in my part of Texas. The only news I get is the occasional email.......
    Tobus, Ive sent you three PM's and no response......maybe things aren't getting through to you.........

Hawk
    Shawnee / Anishinabe and Clan Colquhoun