X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rest in peace, Turpin

I just got word that Turpin died this morning. My sister was at his bedside. He had expressed the wish to go quickly and he did. The experts had thought he had two to three weeks left when he decided to go on home hospice care. He went in less than a week.

I will update this once we have some information about the arrangements. I suspect there will be a memorial service in the Atlanta area with a larger gathering at our family farm in Galena, Illinois this summer.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I know that he enjoyed making sporrans for many of you and being part of this community. He also reveled in attending the various Highland events, especially the Grandfather Mountain Games. He enjoyed his stint as Boss H.O.G.G. (head of the House of Gordon for Georgia) He was at peace and ready to move on when he went.
    Animo non astutia

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so sorry to hear that we've lost a friend. I never met Turpin, but enjoyed his contributions. I pray that God will receive him with love and open arms, and comfort his family and friends.

Bill+
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beverly just wrote to tell me the sad news just now.

I saw Turp yesterday. I believe that he died peacefully, and I pray he now rests in the everlasting arms. I prayed for his wholeness, and I believe God answered that prayer.

He was a good man and well-worth knowing.
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)
    Freedom is not free, but the US Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so sorry to read of this sad news, my thoughts are with his family and friends.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry to hear this. I never had the privilege of meeting Turin but he sounds like a decent and good man to know.

I would like to extend my condolences to his family and loved ones.

Respectfully,
    Bren
    The Official [BREN]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rest in peace Turpin.

All should know that hospice is not an admission or giving up. It is a great program for providing comfort and care for the patient and the family. Some rebound when on hospice and get out of it.

As with most, my wife refused hospice until just a couple weeks before the end. The services we got were fantastic. Medical care came to us. Medications came to us. No more trips to pharmacy. Counseling in home. Were I ill and qualified I would take it immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    I am so sorry to read of this sad news, my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In remembrance of "The friend we never met".

Turpin will forever have under his name, in his profile, and on every post he made to our community,

Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll play "Flowers of the Forest" tonight in his honor.
    'A damned ill-conditioned sort of an ape. It had a can of ale at every pot-house on the road, and is reeling drunk. "

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am playing "Flowers of the Forest" on my computer even now.
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)
    Freedom is not free, but the US Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast