X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

England Meet-ups

Is anyone in England attending Harpenden Highland Gathering (13th July) and/or Canada Day London (1st July)?

I'll definitely be going (work permitting) to Canada day and at Harpenden is close to my home town of Bedford I might head up there as well. It would be nice to meet other fellow kilt wearers in person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canada Day London!?!?! That's brilliant. I'm thoroughly impressed you brits take the time to celebrate our national day. This makes me excited for my potential move to London in a few years. I know there is a Canadian Pub in Covent gardens. Unfortunately, I didnt have a chance to make my way there when I was in London last summer.

I will be celebrating Canada Day in London.... Ontario, that is... haha. We even have a Thames River..

Cheers, mate!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Happens in Trafalgar Square with bands, food, hockey and everything Canadian. I'm thinking of emigrating to Canada at some point in the next few years, so will definitely be there to soak up some more of the culture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t_challa View Post
    Yep. Happens in Trafalgar Square with bands, food, hockey and everything Canadian. I'm thinking of emigrating to Canada at some point in the next few years, so will definitely be there to soak up some more of the culture

Make sure you have a warm parka....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t_challa View Post
    Is anyone in England attending Harpenden Highland Gathering (13th July) and/or Canada Day London (1st July)?

I'll definitely be going (work permitting) to Canada day and at Harpenden is close to my home town of Bedford I might head up there as well. It would be nice to meet other fellow kilt wearers in person.
    Hi t_challa,

I will be manning the X Marks meet-up stand at Harpenden: http://www.harpenden-lions.co.uk/highland-gathering.php

The stall is in 'Clan Corner'. You can't miss it - Bright red tent with two flagpoles out the front, each flying the Saltire. Quite a few members have indicated that they were interested - who knows - it could be a record year!
    Last edited by Chas; 30th May 13 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    Hi t_challa,

I will be manning the X Marks meet-up stand at Harpenden: http://www.harpenden-lions.co.uk/highland-gathering.php
    Hi Chas,

wasn't aware that there would be a Xmarks tent, but that's great news. Hopefully I can make it and meet some members in person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adempsey10 View Post
    Canada Day London!?!?! That's brilliant. I'm thoroughly impressed you brits take the time to celebrate our national day. This makes me excited for my potential move to London in a few years. I know there is a Canadian Pub in Covent gardens. Unfortunately, I didnt have a chance to make my way there when I was in London last summer.

I will be celebrating Canada Day in London.... Ontario, that is... haha. We even have a Thames River..

Cheers, mate!
    Not only do we celebrate Canada day some of us make it across the pond to actually visit your great country. I am writing this in the lovely city of Victoria BC.

T Challa I will be at Harpenden as long as I don't get eaten by a bear. Heading out in to the wilds today.
    Friends stay in touch on FB simon Taylor-dando
    Best regards
    Simon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping to get to Harpenden too but may have to work
    John

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't be attending Canada Day in Trafalgar Square this year (have been twice and really enjoyed it).
    I do however intend to be at Harpenden and will look forward to meeting you there.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.