X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kilt Sighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilt Sighting

This past Sunday I was out giving support to some of my troops who were competing in the Annual Bataan Memorial Deathmarch at the white Sands Missile Range. It is a full marathon (26.2 miles) through the desert, military teams/competitors carry a 35 pound pack.(Yes, I have BTDT-been there,done that)It hurts.

So, I was waiting there at the finish, and what do I see, this guy coming along in a Khaki Utilikilt!!!
    Way cool, even my Sgt.Major was impressed, but to tell the truth, I was a bit miffed. I wanted to be the first to do the BMDM kilted (next year)!!!
    Anyway, everyone at the finish was on their feet cheering him on, even the Sgt.Major impresed me by even knowing what a Utilikilt was. Thing is, he was around the corner before I found my camara.
    Oh well.

KILTS ROCK!!! Ready for anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey John great story. Like you said to bad it wasn't you being the first to do the BMDM Kilted. Good luck with it next year though!!!I hope you talk more guys into running in Kilts for the race.

I think we in the Canadian Coast Guard have a little differant event then that one. We just see who can drink about 26.2 miles of beer with out using the head. Seriously my hats off to all you guys. I was in the Canadian Forces for a little while after highschool and I have humped kit and weapons for long distance, I know the pain!! But I now enjoy my days as a sailor!

Heres to the good life, Cheers!!!

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing that, what a story! I love to read about them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good story John, thats the kind of stuff that should go in the newspapers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew

We just see who can drink about 26.2 miles of beer with out using the head.
    YIKES!!!
    Now THAT sounds painfull!

I do plan on competing again next year, kilted to boot. Should be a lot of fun & bragging rights.

I wonder if I could get a kiltmaker to cut a deal on Desert camo kilts for the whole 7 man team. THAT would make a SERIOUS impression on the spectators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance for the military to use kilts in combat again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John in Texas

I do plan on competing again next year, kilted to boot. Should be a lot of fun & bragging rights.

I wonder if I could get a kiltmaker to cut a deal on Desert camo kilts for the whole 7 man team. THAT would make a SERIOUS impression on the spectators.
    John I am sure there is a Kilt maker out there that would be happy to make a deal like that, as long as there would be lost of pictures and publisity. You should put the word out now so you can have it all in place by next year for sure! Again good luck and have fun!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumor has it that there's another kilt-wearer here in Bozeman, too. A few people have asked me if I knew "the kilt-wearer on campus," who apparently wears a utilikilt. I'm suprised that we haven't run into each other yet. I wonder if he gets blamed for stopping traffic too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Philbo,
    Im positive you're the only one stopping traffic in Bozeman. Kilting is more attitude than fashion.
    Drive on brother.

john

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philbo
    Rumor has it that there's another kilt-wearer here in Bozeman, too. A few people have asked me if I knew "the kilt-wearer on campus," who apparently wears a utilikilt. I'm suprised that we haven't run into each other yet. I wonder if he gets blamed for stopping traffic too.
    someone did post on kiltsmen.com under the name BozemanBob recently.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast