X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    I would recommend Tandy Leather Factory.

They sell pre-cut straps and a variety of buckles. You choose your length, buckle (or buckles), leather dyes and finishes.

They have all the possible tools for working the leather, but what's more they have the expertise and are more than willing to share their knowledge.

I know nothing about leatherworking, but every time I have wanted to do something they have guided me through it step by step.
    Thank you for the advice, Chas. I actually am a professional leather worker, however, so I think I'll be using the leather that we have on hand. I'd tell you about my little company, but well... would be violated... And on that note, I too (like so many others here) would be more than happy to give you advice on your next project, as well!
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Travis, cherry red leatherwear, whilst not my cup of tea, I can see you wearing it with great effect and not being ostentatious. Look forward to seeing how the project turns out
    Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. Harry (Breaker) Harbord Morant - Bushveldt Carbineers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Thank you for the advice, Chas. I actually am a professional leather worker, however, so I think I'll be using the leather that we have on hand. I'd tell you about my little company, but well... would be violated... And on that note, I too (like so many others here) would be more than happy to give you advice on your next project, as well!
    Maybe you would want something to put your cell phone in in the same colour

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    Maybe you would want something to put your cell phone in in the same colour
    Erm... Those are lovely...
    "Two things are infinite- the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accompanied with a matching sporran... I like the idea. Keep us posted, with photos.

MSL-3004[1].jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12