X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

26th Annual Dublin Irish Festival – Dublin, Ohio

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dublin-Irish-Festival-Vertical-Logo-300x265.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	12637

Greetings,

The 26th annual Dublin Irish Festival at beautiful Coffman Park in quaint and cozy, Dublin, Ohio (just north of Columbus) is coming up on Friday, August 2, Saturday, August 3, and Sunday, August 4. This is truly a world class event, with a plethora of delicious food vendors, merchant vendors, dancing, athletics, genealogy, whiskey tastings, Guinness and Smithwick’s, and a simply out-of-this-world musical lineup. The well organised, Dublin Irish Festival is the largest (and arguably the best) of its kind in the United States, with attendance expected to exceed 100,000 people this year.

Since we will be unable to attend the annual Clan Macpherson Gathering and Rally in Badenoch this year, which is also always the first weekend in August, my bonnie bride, Stephanie, my aunt Carolyn (whom will be traveling in from St. Louis, Missouri - my hometown), myself and a few mates will be at the Dublin Irish Festival on Friday, August 2 through Saturday, August 3 (departing the Columbus area on Sunday morning). We would absolutely love to have a proper “meet and greet” with members of the rabble who may be in attendance. Please feel free to join us…the more, the merrier!

Some of the featured musicians include the Red Hot Chili Pipers, who are just phenomenal and always put on a good show, and also the 78th Fraser Highlanders Pipes and Drums, who I have yet to see and hear in person, but I am quite aware of their lineage and history in North America, more specifically in Canada. I’m really looking forward to seeing both, as well as the following list of brilliant musicians and entertainers:

Gaelic Storm
    Natalie MacMaster
    Enter the Haggis
    Willis Clan
    The High Kings
    Young Dubliners
    Scythian
    Slide
    Barleyjuice
    Open the Door for Three (Kieran O’Hare, Liz Knowles & Pat Broaders)
    Full Set
    Brook McGuire Band
    We Banjo 3
    The Shamrock Club Pipes and Drums
    Columbus Police and Fire Pipes and Drums
    Cincinnati Caledonian Pipes and Drums
    Jim Keenan with John Whelan and the All-Star Ceilidh Band

For more detailed information about the Dublin Irish Festival, to include booking your visit and purchasing your advance tickets, please visit the following website:

http://dublinirishfestival.org/

The Dublin Irish Festival Map
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dif-map-on-page-2013.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	12638

We hope to see you there!

Sláinte,
    Last edited by creagdhubh; 11th July 13 at 08:17 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget to wear the dandelion!
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    Don't forget to wear the dandelion!
    I won't, Jock!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kyle; Susan and I plan to attend. Our youngest daughter and her family live in Dublin, OH so, we plan to go with the grandchildren. My son-inlaw will be wearing a kilt for the first time (a saffron AmeriKilt that's too big for me now). I'll be wearing the dandelion (oh yah, and a kilt too).

Nile
    Simon Fraser fought as MacShimidh, a Highland chief… wrapped and belted in a plaid over the top of his linen shirt, like his ordinary kinsmen. He put a bonnet on his head, and stuck the Fraser emblem, a sprig of yew, in it. With the battle cry, A'Chaisteal Dhunaidh and the scream of the pipes, they charged to battle. "The Last Highlander" Sara Fraser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nile View Post
    Thanks Kyle; Susan and I plan to attend. Our youngest daughter and her family live in Dublin, OH so, we plan to go with the grandchildren. My son-inlaw will be wearing a kilt for the first time (a saffron AmeriKilt that's too big for me now). I'll be wearing the dandelion (oh yah, and a kilt too).

Nile
    No worries, Nile. I'm glad to hear that you and your family will be attending - with a couple of you wearing kilts...splendid! Let's hope for cooler, less humid weather and no rain! Although, it does feel quite pleasant here in Ohio at the moment and we have experienced a relatively cool summer.

Cheers,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do not know how luck you are in the East. Many of these groups never make it to the Left Coast. I would love to see the High Kings live. I recently corresponded with a promoter of Celtic music events and he expressed that when he does have the opportunity to book the Celtic bands that make it this far he nearly every has any choice of dates. It is nearly always this day or no.
    Last edited by seanachie; 11th July 13 at 08:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am planning on making the trip as well. Hopefully, I will see everyone there!
    [I]From my tribe I take nothing, I am the maker of my own fortune.[/I]-[B]Tecumseh[/B]
    [LEFT][B]FSA Scot
    North Carolina Commissioner for Clan Cochrane
    Sons of the American Revolution[/B][/LEFT]

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to WVHighlander For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're getting closer! The long range forecast for Dublin, Ohio the weekend of August 2nd, 3rd, and 4th looks pretty good - relatively cool and sunny (high of 76). As long as the heat and the humidity stay far, far way, I'll be good to go!

Cheers,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by creagdhubh View Post
    We're getting closer!
    Kyle, we are looking forward to attending. I may have my new kilt by then and will certainly wear it if I do.

I met Bonnie Heather Greene at the Graeme Park Celtic Heritage festival last weekend and got to see the new kilt nearly finished (pictures HERE) so, of course, I'm jonesing.

Nile
    Last edited by Nile; 23rd July 13 at 01:12 PM.
    Simon Fraser fought as MacShimidh, a Highland chief… wrapped and belted in a plaid over the top of his linen shirt, like his ordinary kinsmen. He put a bonnet on his head, and stuck the Fraser emblem, a sprig of yew, in it. With the battle cry, A'Chaisteal Dhunaidh and the scream of the pipes, they charged to battle. "The Last Highlander" Sara Fraser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nile View Post
    Kyle, we are looking forward to attending. I may have my new kilt by then and will certainly wear it if I do.

I met Bonnie Heather Greene at the Graeme Park Celtic Heritage festival last weekend and got to see the new kilt nearly finished (pictures HERE) so, of course, I'm jonesing.

Nile
    Very smart, Nile. Hopefully it will be ready to go come next weekend!

Cheers,

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast