X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 84 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Allen.
    Tulach Ard

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to MacKenzie For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ABC (alcohol beverage control) stores in NC usually have large selections if you have the funds. In Mississippi, Package stores do more special ordering. Because large orders are rare (except bars, country clubs and private stock) the price of individual bottles is out of range of most budgets.

But a special bottles is worth the cost and trouble.

Terry Searl is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my daughter bought me this

Quote Originally Posted by Profane James View Post
    Bruichladdich Port Charlotte Scottish Barley Heavily Peated...
    My daughter, Jess, bought me a bottle of this for the last International whisky day. I won't say I was disappointed, my favourite whiskies come from Islay......You will then gather I like lots of smoke and lots of Peat. Bruichladdich distillery has set them selves apart from the other Islay distilleries by producing whiskies that are much less Smokey and or Peaty......... this is a lovely whisky to be sure and I enjoy a dram of it every once in a while......but in my opinion, it will never take over from Lagavulin or Laphroaig
    Last edited by Terry Searl; 11th May 18 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Searl View Post
    My daughter, Jess, bought me a bottle of this for the last International whisky day. I won't say I was disappointed, my favourite whiskies come from Islay......You will then gather I like lots of smoke and lots of Peat. Bruichladdich distillery has set them selves apart from the other Islay distilleries by producing whiskies that are much less Smokey and or Peaty......... this is a lovely whisky to be sure and I enjoy a dram of it every once in a while......but in my opinion, it will never take over from Lagavulin or Laphroaig
    Ah indeed, sir. I have to cut it with a bit of water, a bit too much alcohol content for my palate. The Islay malts are also my favorite, due to that amazing peat! To date, Laphoaig is my #1
    "We are all connected...to each other, biologically; to the earth, chemically; to the universe, atomically...and that makes me smile." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the peaty taste too, which is why I like Talisker best. When I was in Scotland, I was introduced to Talisker Storm, which I really liked because it is slightly more peaty. I have not yet tried the Talisker Dark Storm, which can only be bought at the Duty Free store. I'm looking forward to trying it.
    May you have warm words on a cool evening, a full moon on a dark night, and a smooth road all the way to your door. - Irish Blessing

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Scooter For This Useful Post:

Terry Searl is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got some

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I like the peaty taste too, which is why I like Talisker best. When I was in Scotland, I was introduced to Talisker Storm, which I really liked because it is slightly more peaty. I have not yet tried the Talisker Dark Storm, which can only be bought at the Duty Free store. I'm looking forward to trying it.
    I did get a bottle of Talisker dark storm at London Heathrow, last fall, and it is a delight. I was told they re-charred the casks before using them and that accounted for the much darker colour as well as some different flavour. Both conditions really had a wonderful influence.......if I remember right it only came in a 1Litre bottle as well so that was a bonus.......I'm sure you will enjoy it when you get it
    Last edited by Terry Searl; 11th May 18 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and i just moved into a new apartment this week, and on Thursday she stopped at the Wine and Spirits Shoppe to stock up our wine rack. And she also came home with a nice bottle of Balvenie Doublewood 12 year old. It was a very nice way to celebrate the new home.

10. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Tom Fiddles For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fiddles View Post
    My wife and i just moved into a new apartment this week, and on Thursday she stopped at the Wine and Spirits Shoppe to stock up our wine rack. And she also came home with a nice bottle of Balvenie Doublewood 12 year old. It was a very nice way to celebrate the new home.
    Now THAT'S a Wife...

Love, Love, Love The Doublewood, and haven't had any in quite while. I gave a bottle to my girlfriend's mom not long after we met--ice breaker indeed. Absolute nectar of a whisky. Enjoy!
    Last edited by DyerStraits; 7th July 18 at 05:46 PM.
    Best Regards,
    DyerStraits

"I Wish Not To Intimidate, And Know Not How To Fear"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Highland Park 12 year Viking Honour...
    Whew! If you like a peaty whisky, do yourself a favor. This jewel may take over Laphroaig as my top shelf! (Well, there may be room for two....)
    "We are all connected...to each other, biologically; to the earth, chemically; to the universe, atomically...and that makes me smile." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww naw!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	34765

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	34766

Page 84 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast