X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lagavulin 2017 (16 yo) Distillers Edition.
    Not nearly as peaty or smoky as Love from Islay, but in the words of Iain McArther, it’s just lovely. Popped the cork with my littlest little and my brother-in-law and only words were “damn ... this is really good.”

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was home for a week of meetings late October (see #969) and returned to BC with the Game of Thrones House Greyjoy Select Reserve Talisker. That's in my glass tonight and I find pepper, smoke, salt, chocolate in the nose -- and the finish -- and cream, salt and chocolate in the mouth. I returned with a Singleton of Glendullan from the GoT series of eight, as well, but that will be for another evening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new addition to the cupboard this evening; a recommendation from a friend and a sale at the liquor store saw a bottle of Glen Garioch Founder's Reserve find its way home.

Was a little hesitant with 48%abv and NAS but the first dram seems pretty good.

Shane

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deanston

Deanston Virgin Oak tonight: sweet and with a honey and oaky finish, which makes sense . I've not had many Deanstons that I can remember, and this could escape my memory, too, but it could also make a good mid-afternoon sharpener just before tea. Try it. The distillery is based in an old Arkwright cotton mill and ageing is away underground in the old cellars, I learned tonight from one who has visited often and sampled Deanston's product in quantity. He's a cousin, so I can rag him if I want to.

5. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to ThistleDown For This Useful Post:

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798