X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1013
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now, Drambuie

Having travelled (we left on this trip when this was just an overseas problem, and while we were onboard, all Hades broke loose) I'm in one of the self-imposed quarantines with my lady love. It could be a lot worse than that, let me tell you!

On our return, a friendly neighbour with whom I share a sweet love of the nectar of the gods, asked over the computer, "So welcome home; what are you out of?" I laughingly replied that we were actually not in bad shape, but my bottle of Drambuie was empty. We both chuckled over that, and a while later he said that he was going to the grocery store, and asked what he could pick up for us. I gave him a short list of groceries - mostly vegetables and my thanks to go with it.

A while later, my doorbell rang. There was nobody there, but a grocery bag on the porch, so I knew it was from Rob. When I brought it indoors, it included a wee bottle of my favourite liqueur as well as the groceries I'd listed.

Right now, I'm enjoying that both because I love it, and because I'm very fond of my kind and thoughtful neighbour who made an extra trip to give me a smile.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never tried 100 Pipers. I will keep an eye out for it. I have tried Clan MacGregor, but it was a long time ago and my memory is faint. I'll give it another try. I don't usually drink sweet liquors, but I definitely make an exception for Drambuie.

Dave

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Crazy Dave For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made it to the local wine and spirits shop the other day before the State of Pennsylvania closed them all down. I picked up a nice Balvenie 14 year old Caribbean Cask Single Malt, and a surprising new discovery: The Balvenie American Oak 12 year old Single Malt. I'm enjoying my first dram of the American Oak as I type. All i can say is: WOW!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Balvenie Double Wood 12 is wonderful, so I'm not surprised that the 14 year old Caribbean and the 12 year old American Oak are awesome also.

Dave

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone tried the new "The Sassenach" blended whisky? I live in Alabama and it has not been available here- only California, New York, New Jersey and Florida. It is now sold out for the time being.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200515-033839.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	38739
    Rebecca (Becky) Deckard
    American descendant of Irish and Scottish pioneers
    member of Daughters of the American Revolution
    member of Clan Guthrie USA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaCelticLass View Post
    Has anyone tried the new "The Sassenach" blended whisky?
    Haven't seen it around here.
    Tulach Ard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tried Loch Lomond 12 year old single malt and thought it was quite good. Very inexpensive around here too.

Dave

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talisker 18

My littlest little sent me Talisker 18 for my birthday. This has been one of my favorites, though my go to is Laphroaig. The inside lid of the Talisker box is stamped with the bottled date ... mine just happened to be bottled on my birthday 10 year prior, 2010. I’m really trying to save a bit for my daughter’s next visit, as we really need to do a comparative tasting; I believe her favorite is the Lagavulin 16.

Slàinte mhath!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just about managed a wee trip to Speyside last week before the restrictions started to ramp up again. Even then it was a challenge to plan trips and pre-book (but a useful recce for some whisky tours we are putting together for next year). The visit to the cooperage was an eye-opener and worthwhile.

On the way south we made a quick pitstop at Dalwhinnie.

Picked up these two, the Dalwhinnie was a bargain £32 a bottle and the Singleton an amazing £26 - if only I had hired a bigger car...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finishing the last of my first bottle of Loch Lomond Original, an impressive Single Malt that will definitely become one of my regular everyday drams. Balanced, fruity, a tad oily, with only just slightly more than a hint of smoke (for the non-Peatnicks among us), not to mention surprisingly elegant looking packaging given its less than US$30.00 price. Recommended.
    Best Regards,
    DyerStraits

"I Wish Not To Intimidate, And Know Not How To Fear"

Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 LastLast