X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Bonnie Kilt Alteration!

With apologies to Bonnie for the bad title pun, I just wanted to report on an excellent kilt alteration performed by Bonnie Heather Greene earlier this month.

In preparation for an upcoming kilted cruise, I asked Bonnie if she could manage a short-notice kilt alteration. My first and best kilt is an ancient MacKay tank, but was poorly measured for (I was a novice then), arriving too large and too long several years ago. I really wanted it for my cruise, and Bonnie agreed to try to alter it in time. She was however, very clear that it may not be done in time, and I really appreciated that honesty. I admit that there was a tear in my eye as I mailed off my first-kilt to NYS.

As you can see, the tank made it in time for the cruise, and I’m extremely pleased with the results. It is exactly what I was hoping for! Bonnie took great care with the kilt, and I couldn’t tell that it had been altered other than the fact that it fits me like a glove.

The kilt received many great remarks (and looks) on and off the ship – especially at our last port call in Halifax, Nova Scotia. More to come in the cruise report.

Thanks Bonnie!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good! We look forward to more pictures.

Slainte...Bill
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A perfect fit from the looks of it, TK. Excellent over all casual look; well done!

I have a BHG kilt and, indeed, it fits like a glove.

Nile
    Simon Fraser fought as MacShimidh, a Highland chief… wrapped and belted in a plaid over the top of his linen shirt, like his ordinary kinsmen. He put a bonnet on his head, and stuck the Fraser emblem, a sprig of yew, in it. With the battle cry, A'Chaisteal Dhunaidh and the scream of the pipes, they charged to battle. "The Last Highlander" Sara Fraser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your kilt looks great, even though it is largely in the shadows. Your entire outfit looks as trim as that cruise ship. Good show. I can't wait for the rest of your report.
    I changed my signature. The old one was too ridiculous.