X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFS1970 View Post
    Connelly's is a nice place, but a block away is Saint Andrew's home of the kilted bartenders, and I believe the largest selection of Scotch in NYC.
    Yes, one of my fellow conference attendees told me about St Andrews on the last day, so too late to visit, but that is on the list for next time. As is the Caledonia Pub, which is one of three that I believe are owned by ex-pat Scots.

Clan Mackintosh North America / Clan Chattan Association
    Cormack, McIntosh, Gow, Finlayson, Farquar, Waters, Swanson, Ross, Oag, Gilbert, Munro, Turnbough,
    McElroy, McCoy, Mackay, Henderson, Ivester, Castles, Copeland, MacQueen, McCumber, Matheson, Burns,
    Wilson, Campbell, Bartlett, Munro - a few of the ancestral names, mainly from the North-east of Scotland

Cowichan Valley 48 39' 1" N 123 34' 54" W
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice pix. Its always great when you have a good good kilted experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait...just wait. You mean that lovely store is in Manhattan? Looks like I'm taking the train to NY very soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the main BB store, head upstairs and you'll find it. Wish I had more time to browse. And wish I'd bought some garter ties. My hose kept sliding down the whole trip!! Or maybe even some nice hose.

Clan Mackintosh North America / Clan Chattan Association
    Cormack, McIntosh, Gow, Finlayson, Farquar, Waters, Swanson, Ross, Oag, Gilbert, Munro, Turnbough,
    McElroy, McCoy, Mackay, Henderson, Ivester, Castles, Copeland, MacQueen, McCumber, Matheson, Burns,
    Wilson, Campbell, Bartlett, Munro - a few of the ancestral names, mainly from the North-east of Scotland

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like fun....when in NYC, have fun! Love the Brooks Brothers shop....I poked my head in the Chicago Brooks Brothers last year and asked when they were going to open their kilt department and got met by the blankest expressions that I have ever seen on grown men with tape measures hung about their necks....so lucky you, you got to see the real one!

Best

AA
    ANOTHER KILTED LEBOWSKI AND...HEY, CAREFUL, MAN, THERE'S A BEVERAGE HERE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing.

As a long-time, avid wearer and loyal patron of both Brooks Brothers and Kinloch Anderson, Brooks Brothers' flagship store in the heart of Manhattan is a definite must see for me the next time I am in New York. I couldn't think of a better marriage than that of Kinloch Anderson and Brooks Brothers...it's as if both companies read my mind!

Cheers,

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to creagdhubh For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by California Highlander View Post
    Yes, one of my fellow conference attendees told me about St Andrews on the last day, so too late to visit, but that is on the list for next time. As is the Caledonia Pub, which is one of three that I believe are owned by ex-pat Scots.
    I have been to Caledonia, it is way uptown in Yorktown, which was once a German neighborhood. Small place but nice, although it can get crowded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pics and trip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12