X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCAC View Post
    I think that you probably meant to type that "He is Mel Sinclair, the current President of the Clan Sinclair Association, Inc USA, because there are NOT several Clans Sinclair (with one being in the USA).
    I would not think there would be very many people who could not understand what I said. I will try to include all the extra words next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    The man with the two tall feathers is indeed Mr. Mel Sinclair; his chief, the Earl of Caithness, has accorded him the privilege of wearing two feathers to indicate Mr. Sinclair's status within the Clan Sinclair in the United States.
    Last edited by MacMillan of Rathdown; 22nd October 13 at 01:33 PM.
    [SIZE=1]and at EH6 7HW[/SIZE]

3. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to MacMillan of Rathdown For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by creagdhubh View Post
    What a wonderful photo of Scott! See, this just goes to show that Highland dress always looks far better when the person is smiling! Well done, old boy.
    Deserves more than an "aye" - so hear hear!
    Steve.

"We, the kilted ones, are ahead of the curve" -
    Bren.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMillan of Rathdown View Post
    The man with the two tall feathers is indeed Mr. Mel Sinclair; his chief, the Earl of Caithness, has accorded him the privilege of wearing two feathers to indicate Mr. Sinclair's status within the Clan Sinclair in the United States.
    Thank you for the information, Scott.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely photo of Margaret Frances Boswell Eliott of Redheugh, Chief of Clan Eliott and her husband. I understand that Andrew Morrison, Viscount Dunrossil; Lord Montgomerie, Younger of Montgomerie; Jamie, Lord Sempill, Standing Council of Scottish Chiefs; and David Rose, Chief of Clan Rose were also in attendance, is this correct? Hopefully, we shall see some photos of them as well.

Well done, Mattie! Keep them coming!

Cheers,
    Last edited by creagdhubh; 22nd October 13 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by creagdhubh View Post
    Lovely photo of Margaret Frances Boswell Eliott of Redheugh, Chief of Clan Eliott and her husband. I understand that Andrew Morrison, Viscount Dunrossil; Lord Montgomerie, Younger of Montgomerie; Jamie, Lord Sempill, Standing Council of Scottish Chiefs; and David Rose, Chief of Clan Rose were also in attendance, is this correct? Hopefully, we shall see some photos of them as well.

Well done, Mattie! Keep them coming!

Cheers,
    I chatted with Jamie Sempill, David Rose and Margaret Elliott and caught a glimpse of Hugh Montgmerie. I didn't catch sight of Andrew Dunrossil, and I don't recall seeing his flag at the SSA tent which was located diagonally across from ours, but that doesn't mean he wasn't in attendance. The crowds were great and the weather was super, especially on Sunday. All in all I'd rate Stone Mountain as streets better than Grandfather
    Mountain.
    [SIZE=1]and at EH6 7HW[/SIZE]

8. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to MacMillan of Rathdown For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have almost 100 more photos to show the rabble. I am in Atlanta with my wife with a medical condition at Emory Hospital and will be unable to post pics for several days.Please say some prayers for my wife. Regards Mattie

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to mattie For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have almost 100 more photos to show the rabble. I am in Atlanta with my wife with a medical condition at Emory Hospital and will be unable to post pics for several days.Please say some prayers for my wife. Regards Mattie
    God Bless you and your wife Mattie - sorry to hear about whats going on buddy - we are praying for her .
    I hope she get's better .
    Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so sorry to hear this, Mattie. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. Thank you for what you have posted thus far.

God Bless,

13. The Following User Says 'Aye' to creagdhubh For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could this be the ever elusive first face on full kilted view of Scott aka MacMillan of Rathdown that I have seen posted on the forum in the nearly six years I have been wandering these cyber hallways? Looking grand my friend.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast