X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Louisville, Kentucky, USA (38° 13' 11"N x 85° 37' 32"W gets you close)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jock,
    I was able to click on both of your pics in post #25 and each click opened a new browser window (in computer parlance, a new 'instance') to that photo in Photobucket. From there, in both cases, I had access to click on the '<Prev' and 'Next>' buttons on the upper right (though the picture of you with the younger gentleman didn't have a previous photo in that sub-album, so nothing occurred), as well as the button in between ('View album'). Clicking on that center button took me to your Photobucket home page ...

At the end of the Bucket title on the home page, there is a little lock symbol which is open. I presume that indicates your albums are public (i.e., unlocked). It appears things are not yet completely resolved.

Since I don't have a Photobucket account myself, I'm not sure of a remedy to suggest, if there is one.

Moving my mouse cursor over Chuck's (tundramanq's) photo in his post above, I am unable to click on it to link back to his Photobucket album. Perhaps the type of link he uses for embedding the photo is the difference.
    Last edited by EagleJCS; 26th October 13 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added comment
    John

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that Eagle JCS. What I do know is that the picture of me and the "younger Gentleman" is the last that I downloaded today so there is only one way to click. As to the rest? I have no idea!
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jock, What we are talking about is using the right hand button of the mouse to click on the picture. It opens a menu. The top two items are "Open Link". That's how access to your photobucket is obtained. When photobucket updated their site they left everything open by default.
    I fixed mine in my privacy settings (accessed from clicking your name in the upper right of the screen).
    I set my whole album to private by unclicking some of the options, including the link back option towards the bottom of the privacy settings. Then I deleted my (pre privacy reset) IMG picture here and replaced it with the new link from photobucket (IMG).
    Stay sane guy! Tilting at software challenges this one too.
    Last edited by tundramanq; 26th October 13 at 11:29 AM.
    slàinte mhath, Chuck
    Originally Posted by MeghanWalker,In answer to Goodgirlgoneplaids challenge:
    "My sporran is bigger and hairier than your sporran"
    Pants is only a present tense verb here. I once panted, but it's all cool now.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks chaps. I know not what is happening now, I have reset the privacy thingy again, so -------- who knows? Actually, it seems our management here are working on a realistic line, so that leaves the problem of the pictures being open to un-authorised use, which in all honesty matters not, as the pictures in my photobucket library are there for internet publication as and when I needed them. So I think I will give it best.
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 26th October 13 at 11:45 AM.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a test from my photobucket album.

Can anyone link back to the album?

Last edited by Steve Ashton; 26th October 13 at 11:44 AM.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are good Steve. The top two links in the right click menu are grayed out - as in "not available". Chuck

UPDATE: Steve, I went back to your last picture post here: http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=81189 and I can get to the photobucket picture but nowhere else on your account. That's good because Lord knows how many pictures we have posted between the bucket update and now.
    Last edited by tundramanq; 26th October 13 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Fixing a run-on sentence LOL
    slàinte mhath, Chuck

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (38° 13' 11"N x 85° 37' 32"W gets you close)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tundramanq View Post
    Jock, What we are talking about is using the right hand button of the mouse to click on the picture.
    Actually, Chuck, when I mouse over Jock's pics, the cursor changes to a pointing hand, telling me I can click on it as I would for a url link. I didn't even try for a context-sensitive menu (a right-click). When I mouse over your pic (or Steve's), the cursor doesn't change.

Since Jock's not that concerned about it, I think we can let it go...
    John

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to EagleJCS For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ashton View Post
    Here is a test from my photobucket album.

Can anyone link back to the album?

So, Steve, pray tell us leser mortals which settings we have to change to get this result? I changed all my settings to "make all private" and unclicked all the boxes but it still does not work!
    Last edited by BCAC; 28th October 13 at 07:40 AM. Reason: bad spelling, as usual

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCAC View Post
    So, Steve, pray tell us leser mortals which settings we have to change to get this result? I changed all my settings to "make all private" and unclicked all the boxes but it still does not work!
    Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, I don't feel quite so stupid now!
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 28th October 13 at 07:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, You will need to re copy the photobucket IMG links and replace the links here on all pictures you posted between the photobucket upgrade and now. The pictures you posted in this time frame still have the link back info and permissions in them.

I would try it with one to make sure all the little switches are flipped as you like before doing a lot of them - ask me how I learned a few years back
    Last edited by tundramanq; 28th October 13 at 08:28 AM.
    slàinte mhath, Chuck

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234