X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay PDX, we need a kilted meetup.

Portland desperately needs a regular kilt night/meetup/get-together!

Thoughts on day/time? Weekends just seem awfully convenient, no running home after work and all that. Maybe a Sunday, mid-late afternoon?

Close in SE or NE seem obvious choices. Anyone have a favorite pub that would also work well for something like this? My wife and I go to the Lucky Lab on SE Hawthorne a lot, although there's no proper bar to post up at and show off your kilt.

The Highland Stillhouse out in the OC is supposed to be fabulous, but I haven't been yet. For a weekend day I think it'd be great.

I'd love to get a regular meetup going, so let's hear your thoughts!
    Cheers!
    Bob

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My schedule is all over the map. But there is one thing fairly certain right now at least, Mondays and Tuesdays I'm off. That's not to say there's plenty of honey-do projects that I'm working on, or on one of those two days I spend the time with my granddaughter. But, I'm up for discussion and my pick is the #1 Sponser of the local Highland Games, The Highland Stillhouse, located in Oregon City! Great, and I do mean great!, Fish-N-Chips and various other dishes and from what I understand a generous selection of Pub drinks to include your favorite ales ( I'll be having my usual Ice Tea ).

For those of you that have never been there, you are in for one heck of a treat! The owner would be very interested in having the local "kilted" community arrange an eve there, and would be fully supportive.

And, if I know at least two weeks out, I can make sure my schedule at work is such that I can attend on other days. I'm game, what say you XMTS Pacific NW?

Hawk
    Last edited by Hawk; 8th November 13 at 10:18 PM.
    Shawnee / Anishinabe and Clan Colquhoun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob/Ratspike,
    I like Hawk's idea of the Stillhouse in Oregon City with a two week notice. Takes about an hour to get there from Salem. I will try to make an outing if I can. Sounds like fun.
    Hawk, is there room at the Ice Tea table?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLion View Post
    Bob/Ratspike,
    I like Hawk's idea of the Stillhouse in Oregon City......Hawk, is there room at the Ice Tea table?
    You bet there is MrLion......the Stillhouse is convenient, only 1 mile off of 205.

Hawk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Stillhouse is a fair trek for me on a weekday evening but yeah, I agree, it does seem pretty perfect. Let's put that at the top of the list for now. MrLion, what are your preferred days?
    Cheers!
    Bob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ratspike View Post
    The Stillhouse is a fair trek for me on a weekday evening but yeah, I agree, it does seem pretty perfect. Let's put that at the top of the list for now. MrLion, what are your preferred days?
    Bob/Ratspike:
    Saturday would probably work best for me. Thanks.
    Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested too and I'd be sharing in the iced tea HOWEVER, I am still waiting the arrival of my kilt before I could be official.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick, you'd be kilted in spirit and that's what counts.
    Cheers!
    Bob

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The owner of the Highland Stillhouse, Mik just got back from Scotland proper.....
    Might be a good time Bob, to round up the Kilted locals and start getting a consensus when might be good dates/times to consider......

Hawk

Vancouver on the Mighty Columbia. That's in Washington State USA for the geographically challanged.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the Stillhouse is great, and Mick and Tammy are wonderful, it really doesn't have a good spot to show off kilts. The bar is always busy, which is good for them. On non-Timber days, Kells on 21st is pretty open but parking is a problem. Just let us know when and where.
    Victoria

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast