X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Quaich's Adventures in Northern Arizona

I received the Quaich from Riverkilt early in October. I was impressed at the size, beauty and quality of the vessel! The journal is also very impressive.

At that time I was busy with my son's wedding which I officiated in Las Vegas. No, it wasn't an Elvis wedding and I did wear my clan tartan. With all the commotion the Quaich didn't make it to the wedding chapel but I'm including a few pictures of that event. The kilt is McIntosh muted, made by Morrison in Edinburgh.

The Quaich did make it to the reception and here's a pictures from that.

This picture of Marsha (my wife) and me with the Quaich at the wedding reception has been the most popular posting I've made on Facebook!

Another October happening was that I conducted a gathering of Flagstaff Forest Church. I am NOT going to make any statements about what this is---want to honor forum roles which are good and necessary--suffice to say it was an event that I wore my wool saffron Stillwater kilt and matching Scottish wool sweater, it was a lovely fall day, and I brought the Quaich along in order to show a day in my life= what I do.

I'm wearing the dreaded 'flat cap'--tweed from Lewis. It may not be 'proper' but it felt comfy on my head and it's what I wear for the fall season.

The Quaich's next adventure was the Tucson Celtic Festival, and I'll post pics from that in a few days, as I'm short on time.

It's an honor to host the Quaich and I hope fellow X Markers enjoy this post.
    Last edited by Steve Ashton; 9th November 13 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Repaired image links

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've updated my email. I'm guessing that the mods need to approve that and then the images should appear in the posting? Will wait and see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kenneth, there's no flag in our moderation list for it; not sure why the pix aren't showing. Looking forward to getting a peek at them.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I have repaired your image links. The photos are showing now. It had nothing to do with your outdated email address but thank you for letting me know that it is now up to date.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Steve Ashton! Father Bill, images are fixed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So....ummmm....where are the fixed Tucson images?
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."