X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good service from Scotweb 8yard Balmoral kilt

I am motivated to write this as I had a crisis of confidence after placing an order for a Balmoral 8 yard kilt with Sotweb and then reading a thread here of dissatisfaction. It was with some trepidation that I awaited the delivery of my order as market confidence can be easly spooked especially on the internet and I must say I was fearing the worst. But I should not have worried.

When the company informed that the kilt was being dispatched on time I was bouyed and it arrived very quickly after. It conforms to the the order and I am very satisfied with the kilt, the fit, length and pleating. The order process the communication and the speed and cost of delivery/shipping were all AOK.

I know nothing is real until photos, and I hope to do that, but I felt if anyone was concerned about placing an order my positive experience could be helpful.
    Kilt on with Confidence

2. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Grae For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Scotweb experience

Quote Originally Posted by Grae View Post
    I am motivated to write this as I had a crisis of confidence after placing an order for a Balmoral 8 yard kilt with Sotweb and then reading a thread here of dissatisfaction. It was with some trepidation that I awaited the delivery of my order as market confidence can be easly spooked especially on the internet and I must say I was fearing the worst. But I should not have worried.

When the company informed that the kilt was being dispatched on time I was bouyed and it arrived very quickly after. It conforms to the the order and I am very satisfied with the kilt, the fit, length and pleating. The order process the communication and the speed and cost of delivery/shipping were all AOK.

I know nothing is real until photos, and I hope to do that, but I felt if anyone was concerned about placing an order my positive experience could be helpful.
    Based on my own Scotweb experience, and having read other persons stories on here, to me there are two possibilities with Scotweb.

Either everything goes OK and you are the happiest man alive, or there's a problem and they don't handle your problems very well at all.

To my mind the value of any retail company, whether on the web or a "bricks and mortar" shop in the high street, is how they handle customer complaints and problems.

I had a good experience with buying something from Scotweb (there were no problems) so I naturally thought of using them again. The second time there were problems and the problems were badly handled. Because of the second experience, there will not be a third.

I also had another problem with a totally different company when buying shirts over the net. I placed an order and, a month later I still had not recieved my order. I contacted this company (through their "contact us" page on their website) late on a thursday evening, explaining my problem. My order was delivered the following Saturday at midday. THAT'S how to handle a problem. I will happily shop with that company again, despite the initial problem with my order.

So, to recapitulate, Scotweb can be great to order from if your order does not encounter any problems. If it does encounter problems, beware. As I've already said, I'll not be buying from them again. To my mind, it's not worth the hassle.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would chime in and say that, some time ago, I ordered a Fairisle Sweater from them. When it came I wasn't very happy as the stitching down one side wasn't quite right but one email and they changed it quickly and without any hassle. Perhaps it is the luck of the draw?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I would chime in and say that, some time ago, I ordered a Fairisle Sweater from them. When it came I wasn't very happy as the stitching down one side wasn't quite right but one email and they changed it quickly and without any hassle. Perhaps it is the luck of the draw?
    Perhaps it is the luck of the draw, as you say. In your case, did they pay for the return posting of the first sweater?

Edited to add: I even had problems getting replies to any emails!
    Last edited by BCAC; 15th November 13 at 03:05 AM.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCAC View Post
    Perhaps it is the luck of the draw, as you say. In your case, did they pay for the return posting of the first sweater?

Edited to add: I even had problems getting replies to any emails!
    I really can't remember, I suspect not, but then I wouldn't necessarily expect them to: after all if I have to return my smart price beans to Asda or caviar to Waitrose I wouldn't expect them to pay my bus fare or Bentley petrol costs and chauffeur fees.

However in this market "luck of the draw" just doesn't cut the mustard when others are offering constant excellence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I really can't remember, I suspect not, but then I wouldn't necessarily expect them to: after all if I have to return my smart price beans to Asda or caviar to Waitrose I wouldn't expect them to pay my bus fare or Bentley petrol costs and chauffeur fees.

However in this market "luck of the draw" just doesn't cut the mustard when others are offering constant excellence.
    If the beans or the caviar are not "up to snuff" through their fault/mistake then I certainly would expect them to pay for the return of said item.

As I said before I won't be shopping with them again because I know there is a possibility of problems occurring that will be a pain to sort out and that I will possibly end up "out of pocket", upset and just not happy with the service received.

You're right. Luck of the draw doesn't cut the mustard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have posted to be informative not partisan. I will buy from Scotweb again. I can recommend them. I am a happy customer and I really like the kilt which was purchased at a really good price for a quality well made kilt from good tartan cloth. Its going to become a fav. kilt in my wardrobe. I have no axe to grind nor favour to bestow on this company. Australian customers in particular can benefit from Scotweb as the prices for kilts we are asked to pay is very high. I ordered online direct to Scotland and received a top notch kilt at a much better price than if I ordered locally.
    Kilt on with Confidence

9. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Grae For This Useful Post:

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The OP has requested that this thread be closed to prevent controversy from ruining his thread.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post: