X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Kentucky Kilted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kentucky Kilted

An invitation to Greet & Meet at the Pub in Lexington KY on Sat 23rd Nov 5pm. If everybody there is wearing a Kilt I'm the guy in the Lamont Ancient
    Looking forward to the company of the Rabble
    Thom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cold day in Lexington, but a great choice of location. I have found that working in the barn and wearing a kilt is not compatible, especially with 19 yearlings just learning their manors. So I was inappropriately attired. And I decided my barn jacket just smelled too bad to bring into a nice establishment, left it in the trunk, and I nearly froze getting back to the car.

However, I did greatly enjoy meeting Thom. He is a knowledgeable cook and consumer of fine beverage, spins a pretty good tale and wears a kilt as it should be worn. I cannot say the same for our waitstaff. I encourage the rabble to take advantage of these occasions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little more notice and I will try to make another meet-up. I have seen The Pub, but don't go out on the town very often and so haven't had the opportunity of checking it out. I see on their calendar that they at least recognize St. Andrew's Day, so kudos to them for that.

Next time.
    Kenneth Mansfield
    NON OBLIVISCAR
    My tartan quilt: Austin, Campbell, Hamilton, MacBean, MacFarlane, MacLean, MacRae, Robertson, Sinclair (and counting)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Argh! Once again, my failure to check in regularly on the forum has cost me an opportunity...

If any further such events are held, I'll be happy to try to joint the festivities.
    ---
    "Integrity is telling myself the truth. Honesty is telling the truth to other people." - Spencer Johnson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmccool View Post
    Argh! Once again, my failure to check in regularly on the forum has cost me an opportunity...
    I have "subscribed" to the Kentucky section, so the forum sends me an email when people post here. That way I don't have to worry about checking it when I'm online.

Navigate back to "Forum: Kentucky" and pick from the Forum Tools on the blue bar.
    Last edited by SlackerDrummer; 27th November 13 at 06:48 AM.
    Kenneth Mansfield
    NON OBLIVISCAR
    My tartan quilt: Austin, Campbell, Hamilton, MacBean, MacFarlane, MacLean, MacRae, Robertson, Sinclair (and counting)