X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at the Tavern last night, and Greg (the owner) has things all lined up.

We have almost all the program participants lined up ( a couple of iffies, but it's coming together just fine!), and the head count is currently at about 25 or so. We can squeeze in another 5 or 10, so please contact your friends if they want to come.

See you guys Saturday!
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)
    Freedom is not free, but the US Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to thescot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Scot , My wife and I are coming for sure this time buddy ,thank you for lining this all up .
    Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the address? We will be there as well!
    LOCH SLOY!
    Cheers, Wil

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, our Addresser to the Haggis has just canceled due to last minute work conflict. (The very idea: work before Burns!)

So . . . that spot on the program is wide open, and I would like to ask anyone who feels like they can do the job to step up. I know it's short notice, but the show must go one.

Come on, now. You know you want to. All the kids are doing it. Let me hear from you.
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    What is the address? We will be there as well!
    Your Neighborhood Irish Pub and Eatery
    918 Commercial Street
    Conyers, Georgia 30012
    770-785-7001
    Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, our own tripleblessed has stepped up to the plate and agreed to do the Address.

Hopefully, we'll see Deil the Yin's mom, Myra Walker, responding to the Toast.

Now, everyone pick out your favorite poem or song, and bring it along. We'd love to hear a poem or three.
    Jim Killman

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thescot View Post
    OK, our own tripleblessed has stepped up to the plate and agreed to do the Address.

Hopefully, we'll see Deil the Yin's mom, Myra Walker, responding to the Toast.

Now, everyone pick out your favorite poem or song, and bring it along. We'd love to hear a poem or three.
    Awesome sounds great - I have never attended one of these event dinners , and I am excited !

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clarification

I didn't actually step up to the plate, I was hoping to get credit for volunteering while another, better candidate
    appeared. Oh, well, with the address being orphaned by work change this close to time, and having
    never seen or heard it done, I'll beg patience and forbearance. At least don't bring anything heavy to throw.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Origins of the Stone Put...

A search of YouTube will render quite a few vids on the address to the haggis- I watched one just last night. I'd be surprised if you couldn't find an entire Burns Supper programme on there!

Quick tip: buy all the lads an extra round before the programme begins and I think that'll go a long way to smoothing out your reception during the Address...
    wink, wink, nudge, nudge. ;-)

Seriously though, guid on ye for volunteering! I think if you just have fun with it you'll be fine and everyone will enjoy. And if necessary I will gladly buy you an extra dram before you go on... so no worries!

See yall tonight! Woo-hoo!

Aye,
    Wesley
    Here's tae us, Whas like us... Deil the Yin!

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Deil the Yin For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleblessed View Post
    I didn't actually step up to the plate, I was hoping to get credit for volunteering while another, better candidate
    appeared. Oh, well, with the address being orphaned by work change this close to time, and having
    never seen or heard it done, I'll beg patience and forbearance. At least don't bring anything heavy to throw.
    Actually, I said, Michael, can you help a brother out? I'm in great need here. Can you do the Address?

Michael said, "Well . . ."

"Thanks, man," I answered quickly and hung up!
    Jim Killman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast