X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Madonna!

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Madonna!

Madonna will be wearing Kilts (tartan is McKenzie Dress) as part of her summer "re-invention tour". I believe that Guy Ritchie may have some McKenzie in his family as Madonna asked for that tartan by name.

If I may toot my own horn for a minute... they were all made by Kelly and I right here at USA Kilts! 40 kilts in 2 weeks was no small undertaking! (14 hour days anyone?)

Here's the way I look at it... The more publicity kilts get, the more common they become, the more people will love wearing them all the time! Casual Fridays will give way to "Kilted Wednesday". Celtic Music will be in Radio's Top Ten. The National flag will change from the stars and stripes to the stars and tartan (red white and blue pattern, of course). "Tartan Day" will be given a whole month to celebrate... "Tartemberfest" (like Octoberfest, only in September... OK... I was reaching).

Kilts and tartan will change the way the world sits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocky,

I have been thinking that Tartemberfest has a nice ring to it. Can we put it into the platforms of all the national parties?

Glen
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hells yeah...

I'm all about it. ANY festival that gives me an excuse to get drunk, ESPECIALLY for a month long period is fine by me! I think we should celebrate every "national month" with drinking and debauchery! National Polish month, national "dog month", National "pickle month"... whatever. Give me a beer and I'll toast to almost anything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell Rocky, do what we used to do here. Toast the changing of the traffic signals from stop to go