X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Fishy Question.

Hello,
    It's been a while.First of all,May there be thanks to SlackerDrummer,DomeHead,Chas,and all.I am sorry that I am not using any of the arms that you guys helped me with.I am planning on finishing my coat of arms in the next couple of days.Here is my blazon:

Shield:Vert an anvil Sable fimbriated Argent.

Crest:A Wildman Proper (Meant To Be General)

Badge:A mullet of eight points Or pierced

Now here's the question.I would like to include include a fishing fly on the shield.I would like to keep it still simple looking.

Here is my rationale in a short and simple manner:The green represents the outdoors,hunting and fishing and all;the white band around the anvil represents the pieces of white paper that the Patriot Overmountain Men wore at the Battle of King's Mountain.

The crest ( A Wildman Proper ) represents the outdoors,my lifelong interest in cryptozoology,and more.It is meant to be general so that it can be interpreted in manners.

The badge also represents many things.It can represent my home state of Tennessee as it borders eight states.It can be canting,referring to the name Hull when it is spoken.It can represent the great Appalachian Mountains.It can also be canting because of the points representing mountains,as her maiden name is derived from the phrase "Whindy Hill".The mullet pierced also represents my love of farming,rodeo,and horse riding.It also sorta being a star represents the Revolutionary War,Tennessee,and many other things.

Thanks for reading,and if someone could get me a computer image of it;that would be great,because I need to really send a picture of it to a friend for him to paint it for me.Thank-you.

Sincerely,
    Ethan H. Walling
    Last edited by Ethanintn; 16th January 14 at 06:10 PM.