X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi ! I'm having trouble changing my avatar pic.

Hi ! I was able to change my profile pic, but not Avatar ... I tried but, cant figure it out. I got my Spirit of Scotland for Christmas and just wanted pic of it as my avatar or if someone can help me with albums too. I managed to get me in the Spirit of Scotland for profile pic..Oh I will be getting my 3rd kilt soon.. Its called DARK SHADOW ISLAND on Black Tartan..Thank u .. Hope everyone had a good holidays... Thanks Angie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no techie, Angela, but I'm going to move this to the "tech" forum where you're a bit more likely to get an answer.

I'm sure we'll get it fixed!

Bill+
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry Bill I didn't know there was a tech forum.. sorry and thank u for moving it

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angela,

The process for changing your avatar is the same as for your profile pic.

Go to your User Control Panel (UserCP) by clicking the tab on the far left of the top navigation bar of any page. That's right up in the upper left hand corner, just under our logo.

The first page of your UserCP should be the "Edit User Profile" page. This is where you can edit your Email & Password, and your Location.

Look on the left side banner and you should see additional option boxes. The first should be "My Messages", followed by "My Subscriptions", and third "My Settings".

Within "My Settings" you should "Edit Avatar" right under "Edit Profile Picture". Click that an you should be able open a new page where the options to edit your Avatar.

Insure that you put a check in the "Use Custom Avatar" option. This allows you to upload a Photo one of two ways. From a picture stored with an on-line source such as Photobucket or directly from you pictures on your computer.

If you are still having trouble please post to this thread and I'll give you some more help.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank u Steve ! I did it !'thanks to u ... :-) now how do I get pictures to my album ? THANK YOU AGAIN :-)

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people are bewildered by our software at first.

One of the things that may cause forum overload is the difference between your private and public profiles.

As you can imagine the place where you would change your password are in your private profile.

You also have a public profile, or what other members would see. You may access this public profile by clicking on your name just above your avatar at the top of the right banner.
    The layout here is similar to your private profile with a left column and a center page. If you will scroll down the left column you should find the album box with an "Add Album" button. You first create an album and then add photos to it.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank u again Steve ! I'm not very good with computers .. If its possible they hate me lol.. Will try the album in a few days ... :-) thank u