X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The easiest kilt to hang!

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum and joined because I was trying to rescue my heavyweight wool band kilt from a traumatic visit to the cleaners. Despite all the great tutorials and advice in the forum, I wasn't able to do it, so I'm packing it up to send back to Burnetts & Struth who made it.

Since I didn't have my band kilt for Robbie Burns Night, I wore my own, which is a band kilt from the 90's - the band folded and we kept our kit, rather than have it sit in a dusty basement somewhere for 50 years.

When I took off my kilt and hung it up, I recalled all the articles I saw on x-marks about hangers, how to hang, etc. and noted again how easy it is to hang because it has four loops - 2 centre (apron and pleats), and 1 on each hip. Insert hanger into centre loops, fold and insert other end into hip loops.

kilt1.jpgkilt2.jpgkilt3.jpgkilt4.jpg

I've never seen another kilt like this and wondered why - it would be such an easy idea to incorporate. No clips to slip, all the uniform on 1 hanger, and the kilt hangs straight and looks great.

2. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to bassdrum For This Useful Post: