X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashbourne

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay Rhino, let me see if I can get this straight. Graham has finally embraced the possibility of a solid color kilt, and you've gone 'round the bend with a new-found affection for tartan. Is this another one of the signs of the apocalypse or are you two just destined to be polar opposites?

Jamie
    Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry Martin, I had no idea it was there either, if there are any others round England I'd be interested.
    Rob there were a few who wore kilts, tartan trews were much in evidence, but most were the normal run of the mill folk. I would HIGHLY recommend you find one and go to it asap.
    KML, this is the only one I've been to and was told, by a Canadian that 'it wasn't bad for England' so I'm assuming it's pretty good, it's also been going for about 20years. Told a few folk about xmarks, if I'd thought I'd have got some of the posters stuck up. And yes thats how it seemed to me, the tartans on a page or as a swatch are dead and 'flat' literally and figuratively, when they're swinging they are 'alive'.
    Rufus I was a fool I should have realised you were trying to make me see the error of my ways. Be careful about saying things like 'supple' to strange men
    Hamish wear your kilt and be PROUD..
    Jamie it's either karma or me and Graham are like the poles of a magnet, we're pulled in opposite directions. The seasons have already changed
    Cheers Rhino

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder when somebody will make a mink kilt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The English banned wearing tartan and playing the pipes for that very reason, Rhino! Now you see why we all love the games!
    I've survived DAMN near everything
    Acta non Verba

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12